Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could do with some help with this please.
I have been using B&M with ipod classic 30GB for 18months without glitches other than track sequence which I got around by prefixing titles with numbers. Clunky but works.
However a couple of weeks back I noticed tracks even with the prefix are now playing in a random order not even alphabetic including non prefixed tracks.

Anyway bought an iphone 3gs which is not detectable with B&M ..aha I thought needs the software updating. I plugs in my 1GB usb stick formatted FAT32 anf lo...that is not detected either.
After checking this usually trusty forum I tried removing the battery terminal approx 15minutes. No change except B&M did redetect my classic and rebuild the library but the tracks still play out of sequence.
Is it just a coincidence that all these things have happened or is it possible the software has become corrupted

So if anyone hsas got any ideas...I'm all ears...well eyes :)

N

·
0 Posts
If it's playing some stuff then I'd point to the disks/iPods as a problem.

You need an adaptor fro the iPhone anyway.

I'd try a good name brand USB stick (4GB) and see if that works.

·
Administrator
45,626 Posts
If attaching an mp3 to it, how should you do so? mp3 on or off? Playing or stopped?

N

·
0 Posts
I try not to pull the USB out if it's playing....

The problem is B&M switches on when you unlock the car.

They should add a "Safely Remove Drive" option in the menu.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I've tried every method. Previously with the classic I just plugged it straight in (Playing off). If I wanted the library rebuilt I would delete all user settings from B&M .Turn B&M off/on and it would rebuild automatically.

I thought there was a chance I wouldn't need the usb adaptor. I read some ppl their iphones were working ok with version 5.5 software unless I misunderstood and they were using the adaptor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts