Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst on the way back from picking up some Paraflu from my local main dealer today (thermostat is stuffed so that's a job for next tuesday) I was travelling along the A380 in the outside lane at about 80 mph. There was a white van in front of me, obviously aware of my presence as he kept speeding up to stay ahead of me. The dimwit was getting to me just a touch, so I pushed on getting close enough for him to know that I wanted to pass but without doing anything daft. So the great p**ck decides to move over....well he attempted to move over, but all he actually did was to stray around the middle of the two lanes, resulting in all manner of carp being thrown up onto my car. Two nice fresh chips in the bumper now:rant:. I know that my pride and joy will pick up the odd wear and tear damage, and that's fine and I deal with it, but when it occurs as a result of a t**t in front who can't drive for toffee, it makes me mad! As I pulled alonside, there were 3 of the delinquents in the cab......I can even imagine the conversation..."let's try and burn off this guy in his flash car"......to**ers!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To**ers indeed fella.

Just count yourself lucky that he didnt damage your GTA any worse!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To**ers indeed fella.

Just count yourself lucky that he didnt damage your GTA any worse!
Yes, a fair point. I sometimes wonder if they actually 'play up' to the title, just for fun:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, a fair point. I sometimes wonder if they actually 'play up' to the title, just for fun:confused:
I wonder that myself!!

What I would of done is drop back a little, then drop a cog or two then when the inside lane is clear gun it. You would be way past him by the time he relise what you had done, not that ive done it ;)

·
Registered
44,666 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Sparky, some people have no idea about how to drive properly, was the bloke on the phone, white van men usually are.

I think some people deliberately speed up when I'm trying to overtake them :rant: I was behind a old pick up truck on a 60 limit road with cameras everywhere so I'm doing 65 to get past him, as soon as I get along side he decides to do 70 about 100 yards before a camera and jam on his brakes at the camera. As soon I passed tha camera I just slipped down a couple of cogs and went by the little beggar :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear about that Sparky, some people have no idea about how to drive properly, was the bloke on the phone, white van men usually are.

I think some people deliberately speed up when I'm trying to overtake them :rant: I was behind a old pick up truck on a 60 limit road with cameras everywhere so I'm doing 65 to get past him, as soon as I get along side he decides to do 70 about 100 yards before a camera and jam on his brakes at the camera. As soon I passed tha camera I just slipped down a couple of cogs and went by the little beggar :D

I know. it's crazy....if i'm taking my sweet time to get somewhere, then i'll happily move over and let someone in a hurry get by. I really never have understood why people feel the need to speed up just to let you by further down the road....what have they proved???...other than they are total d**ks usually driving an inferior car!
I wonder that myself!!

What I would of done is drop back a little, then drop a cog or two then when the inside lane is clear gun it. You would be way past him by the time he relise what you had done, not that ive done it ;)
I considered this for a moment, but with all of the grunt the GTA can give, I still wouldn't have trusted the dim witted jerk not to randomly swerve into me!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know. it's crazy....if i'm taking my sweet time to get somewhere, then i'll happily move over and let someone in a hurry get by. I really never have understood why people feel the need to speed up just to let you by further down the road....what have they proved???...other than they are total d**ks usually driving an inferior car!

I considered this for a moment, but with all of the grunt the GTA can give, I still wouldn't have trusted the dim witted jerk not to randomly swerve into me!
I agree with both of those comments fella!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Unfortunately there are far too many of these imbeciles on the road. Coming back from Poole tonight I pulled onto a roundabout after looking and checking I could get across. At this point some idiot in some VW or other decides that no! this is not allowed and actually speeds up and heads straight for the side of my car! He was going like stink and as I pulled onto the roundabout could actually hear him floor it. Thank god I've got a V6 because anything less and he would have got me and in all honesty I may not have been here typing this now.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately there are far too many of these imbeciles on the road. Coming back from Poole tonight I pulled onto a roundabout after looking and checking I could get across. At this point some idiot in some VW or other decides that no! this is not allowed and actually speeds up and heads straight for the side of my car! He was going like stink and as I pulled onto the roundabout could actually hear him floor it. Thank god I've got a V6 because anything less and he would have got me and in all honesty I may not have been here typing this now.
I've experienced similar behaviour....it's truely concerning how some people think that they have this barrier of protection which leads them to believe that they can drive like absolute fools and yet think that they will remain 100% safe.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
aw sparky i would sort them oout if i knew who did it...i'll get my boyz on them:cheese:

seriously tho waht a pratt....i hate WVM they are alll chavvy ******s:mad:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aw sparky i would sort them oout if i knew who did it...i'll get my boyz on them:cheese:

seriously tho waht a pratt....i hate WVM they are alll chavvy ******s:mad:
Cheers Tess!
I know it'll get chipped anyway but it's the principal of idiots on the road who shouldn't be granted a license. I need to get a fresh paint stick now.....the one from Alfa is virtually pink!

·
Registered
943 Posts
So basically you were tailgating a guy who was doing over the speed limit, but apparently not going fast enough for you.:rolleyes:

When he does pull over, you still feel the need to blame him because you are so close that you get a windscreen full of rubbish.

Still never mind, because in amongst the general moaning about WVDs and a bit of bragging about how you can out run a van in your cars, you have at least received the sensible car driver's advice to undertake him.:rolleyes:

(Yes I do drive a white van:lol:...

...very well, normally;))

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We were both doing 80+ but I was not tailgating. Apologies for causing offense to van drivers that can actually drive.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I myself am a WVD but I can honestly say that I have never been in an accident. Caused a few though. :D
I should not be ammused:tut:......but I love the irony mate:thumbs::lol:

·
Registered
943 Posts
We were both doing 80+ but I was not tailgating. Apologies for causing offense to van drivers that can actually drive.
No worries:thumbs:

There are good and bad drivers in every sort of vehicle. It just gets tiresome hearing WVDs getting slagged off, when I see some pretty horrendous driving by people in cars just about every day.;)

I just wish my van could get to 80+.:lol:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
No worries:thumbs:

There are good and bad drivers in every sort of vehicle. It just gets tiresome hearing WVDs getting slagged off, when I see some pretty horrendous driving by people in cars just about every day.;)

I just wish my van could get to 80+.:lol:
+1. The guy in the van in this instance may have been a w****r but then I could go out right now and find a dozen w****rs in a dozen different veichles.

Audi's seem to be a favourite of the w****rs at the mo.:p

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
or the silver 51 plate 156 SW cutting every other driver up, just to get three cars ahead :tut: (on the links road, Llandudno if you're reading this ;) )

·
Registered
118 Posts
Somebody in a white vehicle dinged my passenger door the other day, and I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it was a van as it was in the B&Q car park. Its bloody annoying as I wasn't even parked near the shop and the car park was mostly empty, how hard is it to admit you made a mistake and stick around to apologise or leave a note.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts