Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Whilst I'm Alfa's biggest fan, how can they award something that does not really exist?

Reactions: Razor1955

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Hang on. Isn't this the survey which was posted here a few months back? Perhaps AO members had nothing to do with it. :confused:

:p

To be fair, this could show how enthusiastic the world is to see another Alfa, its quite big news for the so far comatose brand.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Hang on. Isn't this the survey which was posted here a few months back? Perhaps AO members had nothing to do with it. :confused:

To be fair, this could show how enthusiastic the world is to see another Alfa, its quite big news for the so far comatose brand.
Could be. Anyway it's good press so I'm not really complaining. However I worry that if Alfa become popular and lose the reliability and rust problem they don't have, then 2nd hand ones will no longer be cheap :nono:

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yes it is and yes I did :biglaugh:.

Though quite a few folk on here didn't vote for it IIRC.
I seem to remember the ugly runt that is a Focus RS somehow having a bit of a fan club.

Reactions: chowley

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,898 Posts
Yes it is and yes I did :biglaugh:.

Though quite a few folk on here didn't vote for it IIRC.
I seem to remember the ugly runt that is a Focus RS somehow having a bit of a fan club.
Yeh, how the hell did a **oo** Ford Focus get 2nd!!?

·
Registered
38,311 Posts
How did the Ford get second place ?
They have both a great following and a product. The press have been in it and ,if you look on YouTube , you'll see proof of a thorough development process for an affordable (pun intended) performance car. Compare that with the Giulia's mysterious existence.
But best of all for What Car is the data base of potential leads from all the voters!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeh, how the hell did a **oo** Ford Focus get 2nd!!?
Because it's one of the best hot hatches ever built? And makes the Giulietta QV and most other hot hatches around £30k completely redundant?

2016 Ford Focus RS review | Autocar

"But even if you do have to stretch a bit to afford it, the RS will be worth the pain. There are faster and more powerful alternatives, there are softer and less highly strung ones and there may even be better options for regular track-day use. But nothing else in the fast hatch arena combines real-world usability with real-road, any-condition pace, supreme driver involvement and such incredible bang for your buck. All of which, for a hot hatchback, seems just about the perfect definition of ‘exceptional’ in our book."

Reviews have started flowing in and they are universally top marks. I'm fed up waiting for Alfa and already have £500 refundable deposit on one. Unless Alfa pull out something amazing at Geneva, I'm off.

Reactions: Verbout

·
Registered
161 Posts
Because it's one of the best hot hatches ever built? And makes the Giulietta QV and most other hot hatches around £30k completely redundant?

"But even if you do have to stretch a bit to afford it, the RS will be worth the pain. There are faster and more powerful alternatives, there are softer and less highly strung ones and there may even be better options for regular track-day use. But nothing else in the fast hatch arena combines real-world usability with real-road, any-condition pace, supreme driver involvement and such incredible bang for your buck. All of which, for a hot hatchback, seems just about the perfect definition of ‘exceptional’ in our book."

Reviews have started flowing in and they are universally top marks. I'm fed up waiting for Alfa and already have £500 refundable deposit on one. Unless Alfa pull out something amazing at Geneva, I'm off.
Your choice, no one is forcing you to stick with Alfa. I could never live with the Focus, it is such an ugly car.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Your choice, no one is forcing you to stick with Alfa.
Least of all Alfa, who are incapable of holding onto existing customers, never mind attracting new ones!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
"the ugly runt that is a Focus RS somehow having a bit of a fan club"

The ugly runt has my vote, and it's a real car.:lol:

·
Registered
38,311 Posts
Your choice, no one is forcing you to stick with Alfa. I could never live with the Focus, it is such an ugly car.
It doesn't feel to me like Fiat Chrysler is sticking with Alfa either. Ford however is a big company with a Mr Ford at the top and they seem to believe in RS .

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I'd have to grow some pimples to look the part to be seen in that. :biglaugh:
And change profession.
In fact change everything that I wouldn't want to change...

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd rather be driving something that looks good :cool:
Most of those 35 look very cool indeed IMHO.
With the obvious exception of the Skyline, Knight Rider's car and the DeLorean.

The Ford would look ridiculous sat alongside any of them.
Anyone remember Max Power magazine? The Ford would've been a cover star!

Edit: The Ford would look ridiculous. Period.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Not the top trumps Grand Prix again!
Why not, it always decends to that point, thought I'd cut to the chase. :lol:

I'd rather be driving something that looks good :cool:
Most of those 35 look very cool indeed IMHO.
With the obvious exception of the Skyline, Knight Rider's car and the DeLorean.

The Ford would look ridiculous sat alongside any of them.
Anyone remember Max Power magazine? The Ford would've been a cover star!

Edit: The Ford would look ridiculous. Period.
I didn't read the article, just posted it for menace :evil:

Lussoman, you're supposed to use "FACT", not "period":lol:

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
There were many, many cars in that list the the RS can't hold a candle too.

That said it does show how in performance (and efficiency) terms we moved forward on the Internal Combustibobs motor.

I like the previous Focus ST/RS. Mainly for that Volvo 5 cylinder engine. Three door only.

...and in Orange! I'd take a lime green if pushed!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts