Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is just a quick fix i did and if anyone experiences the same problem i did then hopefully this will help them.

Even though the weather is 'currently' ok here in the UK, I'm fed up of the foot slipping off the clutch pedal when wet so a previous mission was to 'grip tape' the clutch pedal! (Bring on the abuse) haha

I know its not the most professional fix in the world but its worked perfect, so cheap, and it makes me feel better knowing my foot wont slip off and result in my G doggying the car in front!

I used some Grip Tape from Screwfix which cost me about £4 for a HUGE roll and it took the tiniest piece and just 5 minutes to fit and trim to a neat tidy finish.

Again, I know it may be such a cheap finish now to the pedal but I didn't want to risk ruining the G

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, this is just a quick fix i did and if anyone experiences the same problem i did then hopefully this will help them.

Even though the weather is 'currently' ok here in the UK, I'm fed up of the foot slipping off the clutch pedal when wet so a previous mission was to 'grip tape' the clutch pedal! (Bring on the abuse) haha

I know its not the most professional fix in the world but its worked perfect, so cheap, and it makes me feel better knowing my foot wont slip off and result in my G doggying the car in front!

I used some Grip Tape from Screwfix which cost me about £4 for a HUGE roll and it took the tiniest piece and just 5 minutes to fit and trim to a neat tidy finish.

Again, I know it may be such a cheap finish now to the pedal but I didn't want to risk ruining the G
I used a clutch pedal rubber from a 147. Took a little effort to get it on but it looks neat & solved the slippery pedal problem.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Need to do this on my GT. The clutch is lethal.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
38,707 Posts
Just buy a set of rubber pedal covers from a Lusso.

Might not look as nice, but is much safer.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Or buy a TCT... no problem with Clutch pedal slippage there! :biglaugh:

(my written off Veloce had a slippy clutch pedal so I feel your pain!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts