Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

So; for all those who don't know what happened to my GTV at this years dyno day at FR&R.

On my way home i dropped 2 conrods which went through the sump. I was extremely dissapointed as that day was the most power the car made & was driving like a dream; really the car was at it's best.

So i parked it off for a month & then decided that i'm now going all out & want to build the best GTV in SA (hopefully)

The car looked beautiful (well to me) & nothing needed to be done in that department. The interior & body are in good condition. Then i saw a GTV with 19' Ti wheels & i had to have them. I sold my GT multispokes to Martin & was on the lookout for a set. After being messed around by a certain individual & searching for just over a month; Lance & i struck a deal. I will collect those wheels at the track day next week.

I will still need to change the PCD & buy tyres & will do that soon. But the car currently stands on a set of 17' teledials which i'm trying to sell off now (hint hint)

Now the fun part. So; it's time to rebuild the engine & add a turbo. This will be a very simple set up & i've already started gathering parts. I consulted with Gerhard (the car will go to Turbonutters probably in the new year) & he gave awesome advise.

Basically i'm going with a standard engine just with a 2.5 crank to lower compression. We'll make use of a T3/T4 turbo & a U flow inetrcooler as i feel that this will be easier to run boost pipes. Fueling will be taken care off by 2 extra 440cc injectors which will be mounted on the boost pipe & run of a seperate management system.

I want to make a max of 250wkw.

I will still need to upgrade brakes & get a LSD.

Please feel free to offer any advice? Will post pics of what i have so far soon.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Great Avi!!! I will support you anyway I can my man just lemme know. The 19's will look insane on your car, with the right amount of Low ofcourse. I believe it has the ability to be the greatest GTV in SA...if you want that title, you'll need a good all rounder, power, stance, looks, drive etc.

I'd also try looking for good racing seats, not crap ones, but ones that fit in well with the interior...recover them in the interior color.

Red GTV with the Cup kit and sparkling silver 19" Ti's...woah!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
so its gonna be a 3.0 with a 2.5 crank? what the CR on that set up?
and standard rods/pistons etc?

YOH can't wait to see this build!

remind us of your current setup, suspension/exhaust etc...?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
You sound like a man with a solid plan :thumbs:

Good luck with the build - you know I'll help where I can - holla at me anytime.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
You sound like a man with a solid plan :thumbs:

Good luck with the build - you know I'll help where I can - holla at me anytime.
At the trackday...can you say that out loud please...I'd like to hear it.:byebye::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Nice Avi! If you need beer during this rebuild let me know :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
17' teledials which i'm trying to sell off now (hint hint)

I just don't seem to get enough time set aside to come look at them, sorry man. Can you possibly cart them to the track day for a view Avi? I know it might be difficult with picking up Lance's wheels - lemme know.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just don't seem to get enough time set aside to come look at them, sorry man. Can you possibly cart them to the track day for a view Avi? I know it might be difficult with picking up Lance's wheels - lemme know.
Jaco - PM me your cell no. & i'll whatsapp detailed pics. Unfortunately my daily won't be able to cart the 17's & 19's

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Jaco...those Tele's will suit your clean 156 perfectly!!! Don't even think about it...just do it.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
LOL...This thread is TOTALLY USELESS without pics.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Fantastic, Avi! From previous pics, I've always admired your Gtv.
Glad you didn't sell it.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Woohoo! Subscribed. It would be nice if TN could make bolt-on kits for GTV's and 156's which one could buy in parts over a couple of months or a year for later fitment.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts