Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Avi, just for you :thumbs:

Enjoy..

Small cameo's from myself, Gerrit, Paul's 159, the crazy white Punto (unreal driving from this fella), Benzina...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glk8nzLx8IY
Ah yes the white punto, 2 of my schooltime friends, the volschenk bros. from GT academy, goes to show what lies in something as simple as a 1.4 punto with only semis and drilled brakes on, he was so fast they pushed him up into experienced class haha damn...:lol::wow:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO! just watched the video and realised i look so fat i would have easily passed as a Rep for Michelin as the Michelin man! :cry:

Nice vid avi! good to see someone enjoying time on the track!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
:cheese:
NOOOOOOOOO! just watched the video and realised i look so fat i would have easily passed as a Rep for Michelin as the Michelin man! :cry:

Nice vid avi! good to see someone enjoying time on the track!
Q:cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Nice vid but why is everyone passing you? :cheese:
Ian, everybody is passing me because i was driving like a girl.......seriously i was, becuase when i get into 2nd gear just before a bend, when i step on the gas i'm wheel spinning all over the place, i was afraid of destroying yet another diff. i need a q2 for next years event.

Other than that i must admit i was a bit afraid of binning it & cooking my brakes, but on the straights i was really impressed, she really ran well.

Looking at the vid i think my racing line was right, any advice?

oh, and thanks perreby for sticking the go pro on my roof, i'm hoping for a ride in the 4C around the track next year.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Lucky the camera wasn't videoing to the rear, there was a silver Mito that was up my trumpet, what a great driver. Pauls mate i think.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Dude that's really really really slow

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest Avi did say he is gonna take it slow and he didnt want me to put the GoPro on his car, but I dont take no for an answer so decided to stick it on regardless :cheese:

But the point of the video was so that everyone can see what happens on the track and now everyone will know the layout of the track for next year's track day :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
hey i cooked a set of pads.. lol in their moerin. i was actually afraid to go last session with passengers in the car..... im glad i did

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Still WAY faster than not being on the track... You go Avi! Nothing to be embarrassed about :tut:
It was meant tongue in cheek, just jumped on the bandwagon that everyone said its slow lol...no need to defend or pass remarks as such.:tut::cheese:

I know why Avi went so slow...because the paint on thekit was still soft:lol::thumbs:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Guys, i'm not emabarrased, i had a flippin great time. Yeah i was slow but hey i drove my car there & back with no issues whatsoever, not bad for a 12yr old car, it didn't skip a beat.

But, next year hopefully i will be better prepared, remember i came to the track with the intention of not racing, then Prince Nero convinced me.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
lmfao...

Come back as GeritGTVracecar:D

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Guys, i'm not emabarrased, i had a flippin great time. Yeah i was slow but hey i drove my car there & back with no issues whatsoever, not bad for a 12yr old car, it didn't skip a beat.

But, next year hopefully i will be better prepared, remember i came to the track with the intention of not racing, then Prince Nero convinced me.
When the car was standing at the start of the video I heard a ticking noise...I think its time you replace those belts again:cheese::thumbs:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
but did you also hear that tick tick sound? All the while Im watching that vid I'm expecting guys to pass you with their middle fingers out the window lol.

I also took it VERY slow my 1st time but I'm sure you are hooked now?

I'm joining the VWclub trackday round Kayalami end of September so i'll get my fare share of trackday in.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts