Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: thought I would treat the mito to a new set of front wipers on saturday.
So I popped into the dealers and said the same to the parts guy. Do you want to buy them or do you want to know how much they are he says. I thought that a bit strange so said do I need a quote ?
Anyway couple of minutes later he comes back and embarrisingly says

£52.

Needless to say I passed on this oppourtunity to keep the car with genuine parts :cheese:

off to look for a cheaper alternative

·
Registered
144 Posts
Haha :lol: I had the exact same circumstances on Friday. Couldn't believe the price !

in Feb 2011 I was quoted £36.42 for the same parts.

Think I will be finding a good after market supplier. Autoglass offered me a pair of Bosch blades for £20 the other week. That seemed far more reasonable though I think I will still look around first.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Original wiper blades are made by Valeo not Alfa! Check out wiperblades.co.uk to see price for 'originals' is under £25! Bosch are always highly rated. Halfolds as bad as stealers imho!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I got Bosch for the 147 however they do not have the spoiler attachment that the originals had .
They do the job but do make a noise in operation .
Originals were knacked and screen was scratched when I got the car .

·
Registered
39,578 Posts
It's for when they have a car in for a service and it just gets put on the bill.
I got a free pair of Bosch blades with replacement screen from Autoglass, so I'll put them on or in the boot for service time.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I replaced mine with Bosch ones on Saturday, however the tabs for removal are far shorther than the Valeo OEM and the gap between the nose end of the blade and the arm isn't as neat as the OEM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts