Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have had a main dealer replace Alfa HU with Pioneer AVIC and not sure it's been done properly.

After initial fitting problem (faulty ICANN integration unit apparently) that caused battery drain and unconnected aerial it has been "fixed".

Issue I now have is that the car B&M is constantly asking to pair with my phone (BlackBerry Storm) and the Pioneer won't receive incoming calls despite pairing ok with unit. I had removed the B&M entry from the Blackberry.

The alfa head unit has been removed.

Finally, the Pioneer seems to flash on buttons and therefore you can't press icons until solid rather than greyed out.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
977 Posts
You need to remove the pairing from B&M and not just the phone. I think you can only do this with the B&M fully connected and it is best to do it before you start taking things apart. Maybe a battery disconnect is worth a try but I think B&M holds onto the pairing :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to remove the pairing from B&M and not just the phone. I think you can only do this with the B&M fully connected and it is best to do it before you start taking things apart. Maybe a battery disconnect is worth a try but I think B&M holds onto the pairing :(
Thanks - that explanation makes sense. Dealer will have to do it again, 3rd time! Battery has been replaced as a result of fault so must keep it regardless of battery.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B&M disconnected and I think a grounding sorted the blinking icons. So all working now and had mod 1 and mod 2 done aswell ;-)

·
Registered
822 Posts
B&M disconnected and I think a grounding sorted the blinking icons. So all working now and had mod 1 and mod 2 done aswell ;-)
So can you now use your phone to make and recive calls through the B&M even with the Pioneer head unit?
I cant hear the people on the other end of the phone with mine:confused:
Maybe I will take it to Mangos to see if they can sort it out for me:)

They dint fit it by the way:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
So can you now use your phone to make and recive calls through the B&M even with the Pioneer head unit?
I cant hear the people on the other end of the phone with mine:confused:
Maybe I will take it to Mangos to see if they can sort it out for me:)

They dint fit it by the way:thumbs:
I suspect just the other way round, calls going through the Pioneer Bluetooth and B&M no longer functioning.... ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Problem with avic F910Bt in a Alfa Romeo MiTo

Hello,
I had replace the original radio with Pioneer avic F910bt system but it turns itself off and on I do not know what is going on!
I have blue & me and bose maybe is incompatible? From the first moment there was problems!
I went to the dealer 2 or 3 times and nothing its the same, they are going to order a new one to see if the one i have now is damaged!
HELP any one!
THANKS
(sorry about my English , i m portuguese)

·
Registered
4 Posts
storm 2 and blue and me

i had the same problem using the storm 2 with a pioneer head unit and b&M

I set my storm to pair with b&m but to ignore connection requests from it, which fixed the problem for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts