Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Not wholly Alfa related but a good classic car show where there will be at least one Alfa (mine).

BH Monday 31st August 2009

Aveton Gifford Classic Car Show

If you don't want to enter but are at a loose end on the day pop along it's all in a good cause.

Cheers

Mark G

J

·
0 Posts
i like these little shows, they are far les pretentious than the bigger shows.....

i might have a chat with the organiser, does anyone else fancy making a day of it, Averton Gifford is about 10 miles out of Plymouth

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I said I will be there with my S3 spider, the chap running is a friend of mine and I am supporting his cause. They are not precious about what constitutes a classic car. There was some kind of Honda there last year parked next to a steam driven car, V dubs and all sorts :)

For those of you that know the area, the organiser, Tony Porter used to run the hotel on Burgh Island.

Last year the weather was awful but we still got a substantial turn out, here's hoping the weather is better this year !

Cheers

Mark G

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do they allow kit cars to show?
Although I've only just got mine on the road after about 5 yrs building, it is loosely based on the classic 'lotus seven' design (though with a Honda Fireblade bike engine fitted - which I'm sure - with his obsession for lightness, Colin Chapman would've approved of if he was alive today :) )

J

·
0 Posts
ok then who is up for this, i know it is a little far away but a provisional list will give an idea of numbers.

Copy the list and add your name to the list if interested:

Jay w + 1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts