Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have all seen the threads of your fastest speeds and times to 60mhp.. but what are your average speeds? lets say over 500miles...
mines a miserable 17mph....its about spot on for living in Sheffield..grrrrrrrrr :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Administrator
46,718 Posts
I've just done 3200 miles across Europe, at an average speed of 55mph, which is pretty good going I think!
One day across Germany the average was over 70.

But I believe generally the average over a tank is somewhere around 30.

·
Registered
733 Posts
we have all seen the threads of your fastest speeds and times to 60mhp.. but what are your average speeds? lets say over 500miles...
mines a miserable 17mph....its about spot on for living in Sheffield..grrrrrrrrr :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Two questions, if you live in Sheffield, sylvan capital of the northern regions, why would you want to go anywhere else, and two, what's a Sheffield Man doing supporting a London football club? It might say Dorset on my profile, but it says Sheffield on my birth certificate, tha knows. And another thing, you might complain about traffic congestion in Yorkshire's fair city, but you don't know the meaning of the term until you reach the South Coast, ask anyone who's been.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st of all, Yes sheffield has alot of tress but it is not generally wooded. It may be next door to the peaks but after all it is proposed to be englands 5th largest city. I love sheffield
2nd...Yes it may say Sheffield on my profile but it says London on my birth certificate.
3rd... Its not just the congestion (which I am fully aware that every major city has) its the awfull speed humps that are sprouting up with snow caps on top of them....
All i'm asking for is a comparison.. not a debate

So whots your average speed??????

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
maz24 you must be very brave living in Sheffield and supporting the team that relegated Sheffield Utd to the Championship. :eek:

Not that bother me at all, having parents who were both born a few miles from UP.

Come on you Irons :thumbs: :thumbs:

p.s To answer your original question the computer is now recording 3900 miles average of 39 mph. I regularly travel 150 motorway miles @ 65 + mph (and 60+ mpg).

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Live in the country but farm roead is half a mile and route to town is mostly all I have done recently so not too good.Total miles 43 Average consumption 36.5
Actual 27.4, never understand this one as it arrives at well over that normally.Average Velocity 26mph.,Travel B consuptn 34.2 Average veloc 27mph .
This on a 2.4jtd ragged

·
Registered
349 Posts
My daily work drive is 20 miles down a dead straight road...

And since I'm usually working nights and there's nothing about, that means I tend to average 70... ish... ;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
On a tank of petrol which is 220 miles if am lucky I average around 48 mph

·
Registered
10 Posts
bought my gt on 31000, trip b had 29000 on average veloc of 26mph and consuption of 31mpg, 1 carefull lady owner:)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Since March myy average speed has been 31mph. Doesnt matter how fast or slow i go it stays the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts