Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wondering what delivery times have been like lately?

I've ordered mine middle of December, and I have been told middle of March, but the dealer admitted that is a standard message and it could come sooner.

Has anyone had a factory ordered one lately, and if so how long did it take?

Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ordered my factory QV in July and collected the day before Christmas Eve ..... but the factory shut down during August as is usual in lasy Europe .

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think you'll find lazy uk car plants have a shut down in the summer months too, generally for equipment maintanence and model year up dates.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think you'll find lazy uk car plants have a shut down in the summer months too, generally for equipment maintanence and model year up dates.
they might if we had any factories... ;)

joking aside - i think it is a fair point to say that most of southern europe is closed for august. too bloody hot mostly

·
Registered
34,432 Posts
Oh of course there's RollsRoyce and Bentley, and I know of their Germanness but then the Fiat 500 is such a successful Polish car they have moved the new Panda to replace the production capacity of the 159 back in Italy.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Jaguar,Landrover,Nissan,Toyota,Honda,Mor gan,BmwMini,Ford.Have I missed anybody?
i know was a joke - was more commenting on the lack of UK-owned manufacturers these days

grandad worked at dagenham motors for many years, as did great uncle

·
Registered
34,432 Posts
i know was a joke - was more commenting on the lack of UK-owned manufacturers these days

grandad worked at dagenham motors for many years, as did great uncle
They make diesel for Peugeot and JLR there now.Sad that it is generally screwdriver stuff but there's a lot of design and development too.Theres a rumour of Honda creating a studio near Swindon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
got my first mito after 3 weeks and my second after 2 weeks. think i got lucky and the models i wanted were on a ship uk bound already

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ours was ordered two weeks before Christmas:

MiTo Sprint 1.3JTDm-2 85 No extras, even went for the solid black paint.

Delivery date is estimated to be Mid Feb. I've told them if it's then or later we'll wait for the new reg on 1st March.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You've got a good delivery estimate there vorsprung! I order the same car at the same time, and they have said mid/end of March!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mito1988:

aye - i'm not getting my hopes up though - tiny part of me doesn't want it to arrive just then as i will find it hard to resist not waiting till the 1st march to get the new plate....will drive me mad

on a related note, was interesting to find out that most options make very little difference to time scale. so if you order a few less options because you want the car fast you are short changing yourself a bit.

a few options do slow your order time though - they had been experiencing delays on Bose as they are made in Japan and they are still having trouble post-tsunami

which puts a week or two extra wait when ordering a car in perspective i feel

·
Registered
143 Posts
My delivery was brilliant. I sat there last Tuesday, pointed to the showroom one and said "Can I have that one then?"

Picking it up tomorrow......................... :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just had an email from our dealer. Car is now built and due to arrive at Portbury on 1st Feb! Normally a week or two from there. Soooo excited now :)

We'll probably wait for the 12 plate on 1st March if I can control myself. "I can resist anything, except temptation"

·
Registered
573 Posts
@RupturedDuck

out of interest, what sort of price difference will the new plate make on the value of the car over time? (i assume that is the main reasoning, although technically it is absurd for various reasons)

i may be faced with the same dilemma soon, although doubt it will be as long as a month wait (car due 3rd week feb)

·
Registered
223 Posts
@vorsprung

Looking at guide prices, good condition, private sale on a 1.3JTDm Turismo:

2009 59 plate
£7663

2010 59 plate
£8190

2010 10 plate
£8535

Thats a lot of beer tokens, and a nice bonus for waiting 2 weeks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
cheers duck

unless there was absolutely no reason to i was going to wait the week or two anyway - thankfully february is a short month - although it is a damned leap year!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts