Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmmmmmm,

Bitten by the Italian car bug from my first car!

Age 20 Fiat 124 BC coupe - slightly worked engine and quick!
Age 22 Alfa 33 Ti
Age 26 Alfa Sud Ti
Now 159 SW.

Love them!!!!!! People who have never owned/properly driven one just don't understand!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
That is so true everyone at work keeps going on "its going to break down" but it's the nicest drive I have ever had
Quite true, however, whilst mine has broken down once when the clutch went, it's nothing compared to the amount of times my colleagues cars are in the garage!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am somewhere between 30 and 40

Doubt you will see many 17 year old driving alfa's with the insurance costs

Still gets me my 200BHP 159 with business mileage is cheaper than my 16 year old spider with limited 3500 social only miles

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bought my first Alfa when I was 37,on my second one now (38) and would probably look at buying nothing else for a good few years....

OK,maybe my present choice isn't a 'real Alfa' but it makes me smile and I love it dearly......damn,I always said that I'd never fall in love with another car after my Lancia......oh dear,this'll end in tears!.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My first Alfa is a 159 at the age of 42.

BUT...have owned a Fiat 124 coupe AC since I was 22! That has to count for something right?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I treated myself when I was 21 to my first and only Alfa. My only other car was an old Punto before that.

My plan was to get rid of the Alfa when I was 24 and use the money for a deposit for a mortgage...

...I'm now 29 and still can't let her go!

It's pathetic, I know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pushing up the average here - 61 and picked up my Giulietta yesterday.
Fancied a Sud when in my 20s but popular opinion was 'trouble' - probably not fair?
Anyway, impressed with my son's Mito (155) so tried the Giulietta. Great drive.:) Went for the 140 diesel as addicted to 50mpg in Pug and low road tax - no regrets after first 100 miles.
Insurance only 20% more than my Pug 307HDi - one of the benefits of age?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
41 here, the GT was my first Alfa at 35. Moved on to the Brera in 2010. I just wish there was a model in the range to go to from the Brera once it's time for a change.
45 my first was a 916 GTV and I'm in the same boat as you :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I started when I was 18 with a Alfetta GTV6 and still have an Alfa at 39.

Very addictive and no more expensive than other marques to run other than the Jap cars I have owned along side.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Alfetta GTV 2000 at 21 and on Alfa number 4 at 46

81 - 100 of 119 Posts