Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm having a bit of trouble getting my avatar on the site. I've trailed through some older postings on this subject and tried the various suggestions, but alas nothing!.
It was mentioned in one of the postings that there is a field for an avatar in "my profile" underneath bithdate, but I can't see it?.
I've posted my pix (web ready) onto an AOL homepage, and the link seems to work in "my picture" in the "view profile" mode. Am I missing something obvious here? :confused:
Sorry to drag this subject up again, but I've been trying to get this working for 3 hours now (yawn!), and its 1.00am now, and I gotta go to bed before I fall asleep here.

Night all!, I try again tomorrow (or rather later today).

Thanks.
Mark T

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Mark

I'll run through the whole process just in case its something simple..........

goto your profile then view/update profile

underneath "have you browsed our online shop", ICQ Id and birth date is the "avatar image" box, press the link "select a different avatar image" and a new frame will pop up.

-Place the URL to your image in the "use custom url" box, press "Set URL",
-then your avatar should appear in the little box on the top left. If it doesnt there is a problem with the URL to your website/host.
-If it has appeared, click "select this avatar"

It should all work now but will probably not appear until your next post in each forum lounge.

AO has requested we keep images below 15kb to prevent slowing the site down. Hope this solves it!! :confused:

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Wrinx,
I'm really struggling with this one. I can't see the custom avatar box anywhere on my profile..I must be missing something fundamental (like a brain). I'll go have another try....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again Wrinx,
Just as a matter of interest (and to confirm I've not gone mad) try logging out and go to the registration page, and see if you see the avatar box you're talking about (as if you were submitting a new registration)

Thanks!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're thinking on the same lines here, I nearly posted that but couldnt be sure, I'll have a go wink

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are right Mark, its not there! Best contact AO and see what the problem is. Or, are we both losing it???

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Wrinx,
At least I know I'm not loosing it, or if I am I'm not alone. I'll e-mail Ian to see if there's a problem.

Thanks Again :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
********* AO logged in as Mark T to test avatar permissions*********

Hi there,

For some reason Junior members (People with few posts) were not authorised to have Avatars, I have changed this now, hence why you have a dodgy Avatar. When we upgrade again, you will have the facility to upload your own avatars to the alfa155.com server.

Sorry for the wasted time you endured.

Regards
AO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We may still be having problem with this, anyone else trying to use an avatar and having problems???

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Da Klone

Please use the "helpdesk" on the left menu bar to report this to AO, there is at least one other user with the same problem :( He too is a "junior" member with few posts.
wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Da Klone,
As you can see from the original postings, I had the same problem. However after about 20-30 posts the avatar facility (URL box in corner) became available.
Must be like an initiation thing! :D

Keep Posting,

Mark :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK daKlone,
you could get in a few postings discussing your name (he,he!!) :D
Only joking!

Cheers/Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oops, sorry daKlone wink

Just read AO's response again, looks like we're stuck with this "junior" issue.........???

wrinx

1 - 20 of 38 Posts