Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mate.. I also need to temporarily bypass heater matrix after trying this. Hopefully I will get to the bottom of the climate control malfunction I am experiencing :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
ADDITIONAL HEATER - DESCRIPTION
Vehicle climate control via the heater unit is insufficient when the engine is cold.
On these versions there is also an additional heating system which is activated when the engine is first running, depending on the temperature of the engine coolant.
The system consists of an additional heating device, located inside the heater unit: this device contains two resistances (PTC1 - 250 W and PTC2 - 500 W).
The operation of the resistances is controlled by the climate control system control unit which operates either only one of them or both thereby providing gradual heating with a
maximum power of 750 W according to a control logic that depends on:
- the outside temperature (below 20°C)
- the temperature of the engine coolant (about 70°C);
- the engine speed (which should be above 700 rpm);
- the battery voltage (which should not drop below 12.6 V).
For more details
See descriptions 5040 AIR CONDITIONING CASING AND COMPONENTS
The power supply for one, two or three resistances is operated by means of two relays located on the heater unit itself:
- 1. Level: activated by the first relay switch (250W);
- 2. Level: activated by the second relay switch (500W);
- 3. Level: activated by both relay switches (750W)
The power supply line is protected by two fuses in the engine compartment fuse box.

F05 and F82

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
the relays are on the heater unit as far as I can see, certainly after the heater unit connector.

Had a look at the other thread.

I would suspect the axle for the passenger side flap (with the always hot air) is broken, so the motor can sit anyway it wants, the flap never closes off the hot air...

If you can remove the motor for the temp control and set the flap manually closed. See if that does anything at all. If not you know where the problem sits, unfortunately...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts