Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had the cambelt job done 2 or 3 months ago and looking into the engine bay, only now I realized I can see my auxiliary belt running, including all belt pulleys, AC compressor, power steering compressor.... Isn’t it supposed to be under some cover? Timing belt has a plastic cover, but I can’t remember if aux belt had one too. Look at the pics please. Did service forgot to put it back on or am I only paranoid? I looked into ePER, but couldn’t find aux belt cover part nr. :(

I am planning to go to complain to the dealer so I want to be sure there should be a cover :)

http://kgb.alfaromeo-bg.com/gotcha/Various/Aux Belt Cover Missing 01.jpg
http://kgb.alfaromeo-bg.com/gotcha/Various/Aux Belt Cover Missing 02.jpg

·
Registered
30,105 Posts
I'm sure there should be a small cover just over the top run.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
That is the cover held on with two allen screws and a 10mm (across the flats) nut at the front.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
My 2 litre doesn't have a cover over any of the aux belt and never has.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
it's more a guard than a cover over the aux belt - the aux belts aren't as important as cam belts and balance belts i guess :D

·
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys, I feel better now :)

I dont agree aux belt has not the same importance as cambelt as if it fails, it can wrap onto cambelt and make it fail as well :eek:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
There is no cover, and actually on the 1.6 the cam belt cover doesnt cover as much as the 2.0 either - it doesnt have a bottom section.

·
Vendor
46,002 Posts
My JTD doesn't have an aux belt cover, but it has a cam belt cover.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
TSparks only have Cambelt covers. Should be two parts: upper and lower. Aux belt is uncovered.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry I will rephrase that if your 1.6 or 1.8 or 2.0 has air con it will 100% have this cover it fits between the pas pulley and the aircon compressor pulley. So if yours has aircon and no cover someone has left it off. I work on these things everyday and am 120% sure of this information.

·
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I will rephrase that if your 1.6 or 1.8 or 2.0 has air con it will 100% have this cover it fits between the pas pulley and the aircon compressor pulley. So if yours has aircon and no cover someone has left it off. I work on these things everyday and am 120% sure of this information.
There is no 147 version without air-con AFAIK. Only 156 was offered after its launch without air-con on some markets.

I will check with dealer tomorrow, as it seems there is no general agreement if it should be there or no. :confused:

·
Registered
30,105 Posts
There is no 147 version without air-con AFAIK. Only 156 was offered after its launch without air-con on some markets.
It is listed on ePER without A/C, so it probably was available for sale without A/C.

·
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is listed on ePER without A/C, so it probably was available for sale without A/C.
David, can you post the part number please? I cant find it on ePER.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts