Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Speciale
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Alfa and Fiat garage on Saville Street is now closed, no move, no new showroom, just closed. Can't sales be that bad?

·
Registered
507 Posts
i think i still have the sticker on my back window from them
and all o the services were carried out by them for the previous owner

my car is going to be sad when i tell her

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Is this closure down to AR cutting dealerships down from 105 ish to approx. 50? They maybe didnt want (Autoworld) to spend the money Alfa demanded to bring them up to the new level AR Dealers are supposed to be achieving.Take a look at Platts new dealership in Lightwood(Stoke area) to see what i mean!!

G

·
I guess it's a case of too many in the same area. The Chesterfield dealership (also Autoworld) has just had a major revamp and is staying open.

wrinx

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
The Sheffield lot were a shambles. :mad: Every last one of them were poor at their job. Bought a Stilo from them as a company pool car and the service was shockingly bad.

That's why I have to travel in totally opposite direction and an hours drive to Piccadilly to get service. :(

I'm pleased that Alfa UK have weeded Autoworld Sheffield out... :)

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Speciale
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always found the service dept friendly and helpful. Nice to hear Alfa are improving the image though. Perhaps the old Alfa image of always breaking down is on the way out?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Only been there once after the Stratstone Alfa in Leeds closed down. I had got the motor control error one day so called to ask if they could have a quick look. Told them the car was in it's third Year of warranty and they said to bring it in a few days later.

When I got there the guy on the service desk asked me if the error was still there and I said it wasn't...he then said I would have to pay over £97 just for an OBD check but it may find nothing:eek:

Stratstones have done this kind of thing for me before for nothing...it is a two second job for them and they were happy to do it. The guy on service then started to patronise me about how if I didn't have it looked at I was risking more damage and possibly invalidating the warranty due to not looking after the car properly:rolleyes:

I am not too bothered they have closed down but I now don't know wher to take my car if I need to go to a dealer??? Where is my nearest one as they have closed down on both sides of me!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Hi Jason, I hear good reports about Dews at Brighouse, if thats not too far

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hi Jason, I hear good reports about Dews at Brighouse, if thats not too far
Thanks Brickman:) We have an office in Brighouse so I am out there occasionally. Is Dews an Alfa dealer or a Fiat one?

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
All new Alfas arriving here are now checked again by AR to make sure the cars are fit to be delivered to the customer.This is to try and prevent some of the niggles most people find when buying.Says something about build quality at the factory !!!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
All new Alfas arriving here are now checked again by AR to make sure the cars are fit to be delivered to the customer.This is to try and prevent some of the niggles most people find when buying.Says something about build quality at the factory !!!
I thought those kind of checks were done by all manufacturers when they arrived in the country of sale?

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Speciale
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personally, my car goes to an independent garage now its out of warranty. The guy is spot on and not at all a rip off merchant, very much an old school mechanic who knows cars inside out and is an enthusiast. He'll top up your windscreen wash if you're low and passing his place for nothing, and only charges £14.99 for an MOT. He's very busy though, you need to book him a month in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts