Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered some parts from autoworld in sheffield and was told they were read to oick up anytime thurday just gone.i got there at 5pm,they normally close at 5:30 and they had all gone at 4:30 to watch the bloody england game.they hadnt advised me when they told me to come pick em up.how annoyed do you think i was?british industry shuts down cos of a game of football,how sad.
i rang them up to state my displeasure as i have to make a 50 mile round trip to get to them.basically they couldnt care less.they say its company policy that they dont post parts out.so basically i now have to wait while i can lend a car on monday to go and make another 50 mile round trip to pick up the parts.not gonna be using them again!!

rich

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Its pathetic isn't it...couldn't they just listen to the match on the radio!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
obviously not!i work at a car dealership and none of our guys were allowed to go home early and watch.maybe suzuki dealerships just have far better customer service than alfa garages do:rolleyes:
so it would seem that not only are alfa romeo cars unreliable they are also unfixable cos you cant get parts for em cos the dealerships are crap.

rich

·
Registered
377 Posts
i bet the italians shut down for their games......and they just had a dodgy result against USA....if you need parts, best leave it a while!;)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Alfa Dealer said:
We had to all work till normal time. Fortunately we have a tv in the Fiat service area.

PS I won the sweepstake too!!
Alfa Dealer, you haven't by any chance got another avatar photo taken a few seconds after your current one have you? If you have post that up and I promise to say lots of nice things about Alfa Dealers for at least a week :)

G

·
beast said:
i rang them up to state my displeasure as i have to make a 50 mile round trip to get to them.basically they couldnt care less.they say its company policy that they dont post parts out.

rich
Strange...they may not post "ordered" parts out but they are an eBay seller....

wrinx

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like me letting them know my pleasure over the phone and an email has worked as the manager rang up this morning.he was away on holiday and said he had no idea that they had closed early.he has appologised to me and has said that even though it is company policy he has posted the parts for me to avoid any further inconvenience:)
just shows that you dont get anything unless you ask these days

rich

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
beast said:
looks like me letting them know my pleasure over the phone and an email has worked as the manager rang up this morning.he was away on holiday and said he had no idea that they had closed early.he has appologised to me and has said that even though it is company policy he has posted the parts for me to avoid any further inconvenience:)
just shows that you dont get anything unless you ask these days

rich
I wonder if he reads this forum? Good for him for sorting it out though :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe he does.am glad that he had the courtesy to answer the mail personally by ringing up:)

rich

·
Registered
68 Posts
Phoned Autoworld in Sheffield today for an oil filter for my 72 Spyder, they said they would have to fax ARGB with my chassis number to order it..... An oil filter....
Hello EB spares, we love you! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
beast said:
i rang them up to state my displeasure as i have to make a 50 mile round trip to get to them.basically they couldnt care less.they say its company policy that they dont post parts out.so basically i now have to wait while i can lend a car on monday to go and make another 50 mile round trip to pick up the parts.not gonna be using them again!!
I see you're fixed up later, but this is inexcusable, they might have saved you the trip with a quick phonecall !

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
My mate had his Alfa logo valve caps (which we bought him) go missing while his car was there for a service. They denied all knowlege of it but said it may have happened when his car was taken out for a test drive!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts