Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used Autoworld Chesterfield? I bought my 147 used about 6 weeks ago and I am so hacked-off with their awful service! From picking up my car with just one key (STILL trying to resolve this), the unreturned calls, the fact that one person in the entire Alfa showroom is able to help with any query large or small, and all this is topped off by the shocking 'service centre'.

My car was still under warranty so I booked it in for a couple of issues that had arisen... I was told up to an hour to get my car checked out. Some 3 HOURS later they had just taken a look and diagnosed the car, and yet all the time people turning up were being told 'up to an hour madame/sir'. Everyone was sat there for as long as I was. Was I the only one annoyed by this? To make matters worse I got back in my car to discover crap scraped all down the drivers side sill – someone must have actually gone out of their way to scuff it so badly. The car was only in a few weeks ago to get the rear washer fixed, and when I got the car back the boot lid panel was scratched to buggery like someone had played football with it.

Is this the sort of service I should expect from a dealer? Anyway I'm off to call them again to sort out getting the other key I never received! So annoying because I love the car but my ownership experience on a whole is pretty poor. I'm just glad I didn't buy a brand new car from there as I'm sure the service would be just as bad!

·
Vendor
46,981 Posts
Sorry to hear this. :(

I've only ever had them order parts for me over the phone, so not really in a position to comment about their service. I've never had anything to complain about with them..

G

·
My advice. Don't sit and nurse your disatisfaction. Write a strongly worded (but not rude) letter to the dealer principle pointing out the shortcomings you have experienced and what has happened to your car.

It works more often than not, and you know you ought to don't you.

Sorry its not been a good experience so far.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Get ARUK on the case ASAP.

I get the impression that they are kicking dealer booty at present:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts