Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those out there who have been bored by my ongoing saga with the above dealer putting right delivery faults......light may be visible on the horizon....

I'd heard rumours of a new Alfa aftersales manager taking up post (the other guy I think left at the end of the 1st week in Jan) supposed to be one of the technical guys out of the workshop.

Well looks like he is in post and first impressions are good. Phoned today to ask if the 'clock spring' that had been ordered for my airbag fault had arrived I didn't want to waste time travelling to the dealer on Wednesday for nothing, and it is....

Not only that the guy knew all about the other parts that I'd given up on ever getting sorted.....without even having to be asked.... he has them all in stock

Lets hope he delivers on Wednesday...I'll update after ....Wrinx I'm sure will be interested....!

G

·
Hi Gronk

Sounds good, lets hope he doesnt get indoctrinated into the bad ways!!! Good luck.

Last time I went in I spoke to one of the techies, he was very helpful, wonder if its the same guy?

wrinx

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.....how did things go??????

Arrived at the doors of the Alfa side of the showroom to find a note stating that service would be closed for the next week and to go to the Fiat service reception. Arrived to be told that 'Martin' the new aftersales guy was on a weeks holiday....got the job card out all the jobs listed so far so good....went back to the Alfa 'lounge' as they had more magazines to wait over there....someone brought me a coffee...wow things were looking up.

2 hours later service receptionist comes over, when asked if everything was sorted I got the reply not quite....they have lost the parts....they are shown as in stock but the have turned the parts dept upside down and were only able to find a parcel shelf.......

2 hours to have technician change over the parcel shelf.......they have reordered the parts.....

Still no airbags, no spare key, still a variety of broken clips etc.....

Not as bothered as I'd though I'd be....must be getting what I describe as 'Alfa amnesia' basically didn't epxect it fixing so the fact I got a parcel shelf makes all the difference....

Luckily I work shifts so I'm not losing time out of the office or I would be getting really pissed off....! althoughits annoying that I left the office @ 04:30 and got up again at 08:00 this morning to get to the dealer first thing...I'm knackered now....

Whats the betting the parts are locked in Martins drawer...!!??!!

G

·
Maybe he fashioned the parts out of paper clips, rubber bands and staples and the real ones don't exist. Its a possability...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts