Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being bored and waiting for Moto GP to come on I have been fantasy car shopping.
Been through Ebay so then went to Autotrader.
The first 3 pages of Alfas were adverts to "Buy your car"
Then thought I would try other marques, got to page 8 on Audis and then gave up hadn't seen a single car for sale up to that point :rant:

(Edit) got to page 14 before the 1st genuine advert.

V

·
0 Posts
really ???

i get about 2 or 3 adds then genuine ones

searching nationally for a gtv £500 - £2000

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
If Autotrader don't do something soon then it WILL become unusable.

The filter is already being rendered less and less useful by traders who put low mileages in, and it's worse when they start putting silly prices in too. Add the "wanted" adds that just put 0 price and 0 miles in and very soon the filter will also be a waste of time.

If you specify a make and a model and a mileage min and an age min and a price max you can still get away with probably only half the first page being useless - but a few months ago it wasn't even that and in a few more months it will be more than the first page.

Should be simple enough for autotrader to add a bit of logic to their ad placement software (if a car is 5 years old its not going to have <100 miles on it, if it's less than 3 years old it ain't going to cost 100 pounds etc) and if by some remarkable circumstances your car DOES fall into one of those categories then just stick a phone number on that can be called to get it authorized to go in.

Autotraders search engine has been a fab feature for a few years - it's a shame if they let it get spoiled by these bogus ads

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
After they revamped it last year I don't bother looking at it - makes me get bad tempered and with a laptop thats unwise with the window so close.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The first 3 pages of Alfas were adverts to "Buy your car"
Then thought I would try other marques, got to page 8 on Audis and then gave up hadn't seen a single car for sale up to that point
The filter is already being rendered less and less useful by traders who put low mileages in, and it's worse when they start putting silly prices in too.
Damned annoying, as you say. These pillocks who put in 115 miles when they mean 115,000 really p*ss me off and Autotrader do nothing about it. They should just keep the money and delete the advert from their system since it's providing false or misleading information. That would soon stop 'em :D

Being bored and waiting for Moto GP to come on
Great last lap, eh? Rest of the race wasn't very interesting, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts