Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Alfa Romeo 4C vs 2014 Porsche Cayman - Comparison - Automobile Magazine

Having said that, the Cayman is, of course, the more complete all-around car and the safer bet for those who travel long distances and many miles. But as soon as parking space and funds permit the purchase of a second car, an Alfa Romeo 4C should be on every gearhead's want list. A mere four days after relinquishing the keys, I was already feeling strong withdrawal symptoms and longing for an encore.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
good review... most Porsche's are great cars, but like many german cars can be o so safe and a tad boring

the 4c sounds like a riot... looks sensational and seems a bit flawed, sounds perfect to me

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great review of both cars giving the pros and cons of both-------except the one obvious difference that any pl***ker can buy a Cayman, only around 50 4C LE in total for UK-- probably that many Caymans in Aberdeen alone!

Need a total lack of imagination to choose the Porche unless you are using it as a daily driver and don't mind joining the herd

·
Registered
934 Posts
Great review of both cars giving the pros and cons of both-------except the one obvious difference that any pl***ker can buy a Cayman, only around 50 4C LE in total for UK-- probably that many Caymans in Aberdeen alone!

Need a total lack of imagination to choose the Porche unless you are using it as a daily driver and don't mind joining the herd
---
Never mind Aberdeen there must be 50 Caymans in Stonehaven... :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Porsche has gotten soft. It's more for a mass market than the enthusiast. It's a great car, but not what they once used to be. I once pontificated on how great it would be to have a very light-weighted Porsche with a small engine. Alfa seems to have answered all that. I just hope they come back to the US.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can't understand why the press seem so keen to compare the Cayman v the 4C. They are completely different cars, which I think comes out in this report. I have a 981 Boxster and have ordered a 4 C. I intend to keep both cars. The Boxster is an awesome car (better IMO than a 911 which I drove back to back at the Porsche Silverstone test track) but is not as special as a 4C. I will cherish the 4C for its design and pureness. It will be totally impractical for regular use or even holidays (due to lack of luggage space). But it will be rarer than a Ferrari and the nearest I will get to a Dino which I always dreamed of owning whilst watching Tony Curtis in The Persuaders 40 years ago! I will be making a daily visit to my garage just to look at the 4C!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
WOW, there are actually people who will get the 4C! Can't wait for your first impressions! What is the scheduled date?

G

·
WOW, there are actually people who will get the 4C! Can't wait for your first impressions! What is the scheduled date?
hmmmm shall we say not defined yet? ;)
No seriously should be around mid Dec but I believe in the UK it will be some time in January instead.

Continental Europe should be getting them by the end of the month I was told

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Unfortunately, haven't come across anyone in Poland to get this beauty. Not counting on any showcars either :(.

·
Registered
116 Posts
in France L'automobile Magazine and the guy who test the both cars says
When you pass from the 4c to the cayman, you feel Like seating in a Porsche Cayenne!!!!!!

4c Will become a must have , a pure car , a disguided racing machine
Have bought this morning Top Gear magazine , fantastic Review
Stef.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Why aren't they comparing the 4C to the Porsche 911 Carrera S which it is actually faster than ? That's the comparison I want to see.

And other comparisons are being made to the Cayman S not the base model Cayman. :rant:

G

·
in France L'automobile Magazine and the guy who test the both cars says
When you pass from the 4c to the cayman, you feel Like seating in a Porsche Cayenne!!!!!!

4c Will become a must have , a pure car , a disguided racing machine
Have bought this morning Top Gear magazine , fantastic Review
Stef.
Stef do you know if L'Automobile Magazine is available in digital or ipad form? They won't send it to London :(
Waiting for TopGear to come out on Zinio...hopefully VERY soon.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts