Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GT Cloverleaf SE has automatic two zone climate control system and climate pack option.
Every time I turn the ignition on the climate control switches to the MAXDEF setting (front window fast demisting/defrosting) if I press the max defrost button it can take 2 or 3 presses to cancel this function.
If I press the AUTO button it always switches to MAXDEF so I have to cancel this by pressing the MAXDEF button but this causes the climate control to switch back to manual.
My previous GT's both had automatic two zone climate control but did not have the climate pack and when I switched the ignition on always started with the settings as when I turned off the ignition.
My car is currently in the dealers having a couple of warranty jobs sorted and I mentioned the above problem and was told by the service department that they had looked at the climate control system and couldn't find a fault with it.
So is what I have mentioned normal operation for the climate control when fitted with the climate pack or do I have a fault?
I would be interested to hear how other alfa owners climate control system with the climate pack works and confirm if my system is working correctly.
Thanks Mark

·
Registered
975 Posts
Do you have one of those sensors that detect if the windscreen is misting up ?
If so, maybe the sensor is faulty or maybe theres dirt or something in the way that makes the climate control think it needs to defrost the screen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are two sensors behind the rear view mirror, one is a misting sensor and the other is the
rain sensor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts