Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone with an automatic car licence drive a selespeed vehicle? ive checked dvla but cant find the answer....

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Good question!

Not driven a selespeed, but I'd imagine that if there's no clutch pedal you'd stand a good chance.

Does the selespeed have a fully-automatic mode?

On the other hand, Wikipedia describes the selespeed as a robotised manual gearbox...

:confused:

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
AFAIK as long as it doesn't have a manual clutch it is classed as an auto.

So yes you can drive a sele on an Auto only licence.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
It has come up on here many times and the answer seams to be that an automatic licence allows you to drive any 2-pedal car.
So a Selespeed is fine.

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
She is legally allowed to drive a Ferrari with a F1 style gearchange, but cannot drive a 1.1 fiesta with a manual box.

Isn't the UK law brilliant. :D

·
Vendor
46,128 Posts
She is legally allowed to drive a Ferrari with a F1 style gearchange, but cannot drive a 1.1 fiesta with a manual box.

Isn't the UK law brilliant. :D
:cheese:

(But I seriously can't think of a better solution :confused: )

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
it is crazy to have two types of drivers licenses !!! people who always drive automatics (i.e. Americans) will never touch a car with 3 pedals, they look down at their two feet and think that the manufaturer must be sued ! :lol: afaik we do not have an automatic drivers license in Holland... but then we are cloggies wearing wooden shoes and can hit all pedals with one foot ....

R

·
0 Posts
Just spoke to VOSA technical (as I was asking about another matter anyway) The selespeed can be driven on an Auto Licence, phone up your local VOSA office if you want that confirmed. :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Weird that its classed as a manual yet someone with an auto license can legally drive it. :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for those answers.. I asked the same question on yahoo answers and got pillocky answers...best to come to the people that know cheers....

S

·
0 Posts
When I bought insurance this year, my Selespeed is automatically detected as an automatic from DVLA data.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts