Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the arrival of the summer, my Alfa Romeo, which is automatic, stalls when the refrigerant liquid reaches 90ºC and the car is warmed up, and I am driving at low RPMs or at idle.
On some occasions after stalling, it shows a "low oil pressure" message. Could it be related to oil leak or just oil change? (Oil level is correct)

In a garage, they recommended me not to replace oil (which is less than a year old), until i figure out what the problem is. I also have an engine warning light, due to the EGR which keeps failing (it was cleaned recently, but nothing changed).

Could it be related to an EGR malfunction? Or oil state?
I appreciate any advise

·
Registered
Panda 4x4 TwinAir
4,072 Posts
The oil pressure warning come on when the pressure drops and the ignition is in, which it will when the car stalls.

Does the car start again immediately, or does it need to cool down before working again? Temperature related stalling is characteristic of a crank sensor failed.

If you have a knackered EGR, I would blank it off to see if this solves your problems (can’t see why it would though) and replace it when possible, remove all doubt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts