1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Looks like a bit of a mixture really, later type seats and wheels on an earlier alloy topped car with a Zender body kit on.

ON to the important bit, the gearbox, and I have no idea, certainly not an official Alfa box, so must be a local modification, the only yjing I can think of is if it came from a Fiat Bravo/Marea that uses the the same block as the Alfa, so it should bolt straight on in theory. They do not look like the Marea controls though.

HTH

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
there is a Marea auto with a 1.8 engine, but I have not found a 2.0, were the 2.0 engines the 5 cylinder ones?

so not sure it will fit, or was the 5 cylinder a 1.6 with an extra cylinder? In which case it may well fit.

A sele is not so bad, Mrs P has a sele in fact the sele system has been fine, its the rest of the car, in particular suspension parts, oil consumption, wiper motor and now a clicking CV joint,........Grrr

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok

I found it its a special edition for Japanese market. In collaboration with Mazda they fitted the 626 gearbox in the 2.0 ts cf1 not quite sure if its 4 or maybe lucky 5 speed.

Might be a reliable gearbox.
Trying to find out what niggles I might encounter if I wish to import from SA's side.

One bad thing thou 1997 36000 km's no cam belt swap = more than 5 years:wow: think I might insist on a cam belt change before I import for sure.

Wish me luck:thumbs:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why don't you do the cam belt
in Ireland
sorry SA, got confused with your avatar, thought of the Ireland flag :p , once the engine is open you might find other niggles to sort out same time. (Thinking of belt tensioners and related bearings).
Albeit, the pictures look great, like a well looked after vehicle and 36'000 k's is nothing in lifetime of this car, given the fact it has run in JPN, not much sign of abuse.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Asked goo.net for vin no and contacted alfa japan.

Bad luck though customs in SA is full of crap CAN'T REGISTER a car from JAPAN .

FKN Customs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts