Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I think I posted this in the wrong section so hopefully now its in the right place - sorry still finding my feet!

I'm 100% into a 159 JTS TI and will be ordering one in a couple of months time, but seem to be having a bit of trouble with dealers. I really want xenon headlights and the bose kit, but no dealer will let me factory order one as the TI spec isn't changeable and not one is willing to retrofit the xenons.

Then, chance google search and I find a company called Autolusso who rang me today, told me anything was possible then proceded really go gunning for a JTDM! To cap it off the price quoted was also ll under a couple of dealers prices that I've had by the tackle.

So, quick question - has anyone dealt with Autolusso and can they deliver, just sounds a little bit too good to be true!

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
can open, worms everywhere:lol:

ned (auto lusso boss) is a member on here and has been very open about his business. i've never dealt with them personally but i think it's fair to say they've had their difficulties in the past but seem to have put most of that behind them. ned has earned a lot of respect on here by having the balls to admit his company's past troubles and put his cards on the table for everyone to see, rather than shy away (although i understand there are still one or two quarrels still going on). personally (having read all the autolusso discussion on here) i would include them in my list of dealers who i'd consider using

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Never used Autolusso myself, but will do soon,and will travel to do so.Ned has worked hard and has helped a lot of members on this site and the work is good.I have full respect for the bloke:) I know this is different from buying a car, but i am sure if Ned says he can, he will:thumbs:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
So, quick question - has anyone dealt with Autolusso and can they deliver, just sounds a little bit too good to be true!
Did you attempt a search on this subject :confused:

Oh and What AA Said !! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Bought both my GT and Sue's 147 TI from them. Great service and very keen prices.

I'll be sourcing my next Alfa from them, too.....

You can pm me if you want any more info etc.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi all, I think I posted this in the wrong section so hopefully now its in the right place - sorry still finding my feet!

I'm 100% into a 159 JTS TI and will be ordering one in a couple of months time, but seem to be having a bit of trouble with dealers. I really want xenon headlights and the bose kit, but no dealer will let me factory order one as the TI spec isn't changeable and not one is willing to retrofit the xenons.
You should be able to order whatever you want on the my08 cars as it is now part of the regular lineup. ask your dealer

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,041 Posts
Hi Caleb

You must have talked to Micheal here, he would have talked to you about a 2.4 JTD over 2.2 JTS because we sell way more diesel Alfa’s than petrol Alfa’s. The reason is that the diesel is more powerful, more economical and has a far better residual value.

In fact I think we have only sold one 2.2 JTS, I did try and talk the guy round but he was have none of it so we got him what he wanted. When I order 159’s for stock I only order the 2.4 JTD.

I know not everyone on this site will agree with me on this but that is how we chose to go to market and it is well proven from a sales perspective.

As for us, we can supply, my concern at the moment is with the current factory closure no one can guarantee a delivery date as there must be large back log of orders.

You are welcome to come down and see what we are about etc.

By the way hello & welcome to AO

Ned

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'd buy from Autolusso and respect Ned for what he's gone through and done on this forum:thumbs:

We'll be using AL for our Q2 upgrade too:cool:

However, he's talking cobblers on the 2.4 Diesel versus the 2.2 JTS Petrol issue though:p :p :lol:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Judge Dredd in the house ???

·
Registered
154 Posts
the originol ti was a special edition, it now forms part of the 159 line up
so you can order one with whatever options you want,if you were to order one today it would be expected delivery in late April/early may.

only once got involved with the reto fitting of headlights and it was not cost effective as the cost for the individual parts is far greater than have them fitted at the factory,add to that that the wiring loom is different and you may have to change the body computer i think its nearly impossible to do,thats not to say it cant be done,
but its not as straight forward as you may think.
hth

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went there a little while ago and found the people at Autolusso to be very straight forward, I was explained how they operate and i felt comfortable with that.

The only problem was that they did not have in stock the car I wanted otherwise I might have done a deal.

Nino

·
Registered
508 Posts

Then, chance google search and I find a company called Autolusso who rang me today, told me anything was possible then proceded really go gunning for a JTDM! To cap it off the price quoted was also ll under a couple of dealers prices that I've had by the tackle.

Just to let you know that the options you want are available on the Ti as a factory order. An order placed now would be for delivery in approx 12 weeks.

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well thanks guys for all the replies. Yes Ned it was Michael I spoke to, Mr "JTS? naahhhhhhh you want a diesel!"

Well today I have test driven both. Head says diesel, heart says JTS. All the arguments for diesel arn't really a concern when trading from something doing about 18mpg average!

I must say, considering it was only yesterday lunchtime that I was speaking to Michael when I got home tonight there was an envelope full of autolusso stuff waiting for me. If only all Alfa dealers were that efficient. Still can't get over these prices, £4k below UK list. See what I mean about it looking a bit too good to be true?

Still, after a lot of searching on the whole it seems positive so it looks like I'll be going with Autolusso. All I need to do now is rearrange my diary to put me in the area in the not to distant future and we're there. Thanks for all your help and comments guys, appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
well thanks guys for all the replies. Yes Ned it was Michael I spoke to, Mr "JTS? naahhhhhhh you want a diesel!"

Well today I have test driven both. Head says diesel, heart says JTS. All the arguments for diesel arn't really a concern when trading from something doing about 18mpg average!

I must say, considering it was only yesterday lunchtime that I was speaking to Michael when I got home tonight there was an envelope full of autolusso stuff waiting for me. If only all Alfa dealers were that efficient. Still can't get over these prices, £4k below UK list. See what I mean about it looking a bit too good to be true?

Still, after a lot of searching on the whole it seems positive so it looks like I'll be going with Autolusso. All I need to do now is rearrange my diary to put me in the area in the not to distant future and we're there. Thanks for all your help and comments guys, appreciated.
what did you decide about the head lights?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts