Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY!

I bought a Crosswagon a month ago and now decided to change the oil.

Then I noticed the oil cooler has been bypassed with a hose loop.

Further inspection showed that the hose was in a rather bad condition... Leaking oil from connections and had cracks in it.

Now I want to make the system work again like it is supposed to. I don't know why this modification has been done... Might be leaky original radiator, which I don't want to risk by buying the expensive original pipes.

My question is, would the autolusso oil cooler kit fit the crosswagon too?

I tried emailing them, but haven't got a reply.

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,043 Posts
HEY!

I bought a Crosswagon a month ago and now decided to change the oil.

Then I noticed the oil cooler has been bypassed with a hose loop.

Further inspection showed that the hose was in a rather bad condition... Leaking oil from connections and had cracks in it.

Now I want to make the system work again like it is supposed to. I don't know why this modification has been done... Might be leaky original radiator, which I don't want to risk by buying the expensive original pipes.

My question is, would the autolusso oil cooler kit fit the crosswagon too?

I tried emailing them, but haven't got a reply.
I think it should fit, if in doubt send us some pictures [email protected]

Ned

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too late... I already placed and paid the order....

Will work as a guineapig ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We didn't have the Crosswagon in England so I haven't seen one or fitted one of our kits to one

Ned
We didn't have them in Finland either... This ones been imported from germany. There are only 9 crosswagons in Finland :paranoid:

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,043 Posts
We didn't have them in Finland either... This ones been imported from germany. There are only 9 crosswagons in Finland :paranoid:
I have only ever seen them in Italy or France

I have tried to buy one to build a 4x4 GT

Ned

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have only ever seen them in Italy or France

I have tried to buy one to build a 4x4 GT

Ned
I thought of this idea too - it would be epic - :beer: but yeah here in SA we have even less access to Q4 drive lines.

Sorry for the thread jack :sleeping:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased this one. 2005 with 250000km, for 1400 euros. Car wouldn't start, the guy handed me a few MAP sensor that his mehanic kept changing. Kepy getting stranded, so he finally gave up. Well took home, hoocked up my cheap elm327, multiecuscan softwre and indeed the error was for the MAP sensor, but at the end it also says........EGR valve malfunction or totally stuck. Trigger the EGR thru software and silence...look at the pictures and see for yourself in what condition eas the EGR, totally dead because of the carbon deposits. Took it off ( 5 min) cleaned with a sintetic bristles and a Dremel, and VOILAAAAA, runs like a crazy horse. Just need to take care of the diff dumpers in the rear, ordered some shore50 poliurethane and i will rebuilt them myself as they are not longer available as spares( thank god, jesus 350 euros)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Soon, there will only be eight - if you don't get that oil cooler fixed soon. I bought a Oil Cooler Kit from A - L for my 1.9 JTD and it works a treat. Didn't need to take the bumper off either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts