Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are not fitting Q2 any more !!!!!!!!!!

Since 2007 we have sold and fitted thousands of Q2's, the constant price increases from Alfa are unacceptable.

We have done a deal to supply Quaife diffs, they are a better quality product with a long term motor sport history. Better than that we can do it cheaper than a Q2, fully fitted and guaranteed for £650 inc VAT

We also have a 147/156 GTA oil cooler solution coming in the next few weeks, half the price of the Alfa parts fitted, I will give more information about this soon

Quaife Engineering

Ned

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
The cross-over was bound to happen one day.

Quaife will be fine as long as you receive the quantity of diffs that you ordered...!!

·
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cross-over was bound to happen one day.

Quaife will be fine as long as you receive the quantity of diffs that you ordered...!!
There won't be a problem with supply, I had to make a large commitment and they are building a batch for us. Face to face deal with Mr Quaife himself (that really is his name)

Ned

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Good, glad you went high up too as I got well and trully stuffed by one of their sales guys with our Quaife group buy back in 2009. Quite irritating when you send a company over £12,000.

Quaife diffs also have a lifetime guarantee :cool:

·
Vendor
45,782 Posts
Same, they are both torsen 'style'

Another good move from Ned :thumbs:
The internals are a little different but they're of the same type of design, we'll put pictures up on our website showing the difference between the two. The Quaife looks much stronger (but as of yet I don't know of a Q2 thats failed anyway).

In terms of operation, the torque bias ratio is a bit higher on the Quaife than the Q2.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ah I thought you were going to say you won't be selling or fitting any type of diff there, was going to get you guys to fit a q2 for me in the summer but now a quaife will be on the cards :)

·
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good news!

From what i've experienced Quaife is the superior product but the customer service is ropey at best!
I will be dealing with the customer service, I hope very much you are happy with then :thumbs:

Ned

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just to say Ned fitted quaife to my Gtv several years ago. Dogs danglies and then some

Do it now for anyone considering
Mj

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
had the quaife on my gta practically from the start. Never regretted it, and never had any problems with it :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
We are not fitting Q2 any more !!!!!!!!!!

Since 2007 we have sold and fitted thousands of Q2's, the constant price increases from Alfa are unacceptable.

We have done a deal to supply Quaife diffs, they are a better quality product with a long term motor sport history. Better than that we can do it cheaper than a Q2, fully fitted and guaranteed for £650 inc VAT

We also have a 147/156 GTA oil cooler solution coming in the next few weeks, half the price of the Alfa parts fitted, I will give more information about this soon

Quaife Engineering

Ned
Following your link I scrolled down and entered car details for the Quaife and it only offered two options neither are listed as for the 3 litre engine.

Can these be used or is there another part not advertised on the website

QDH2K -

Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 JTS Mk2 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential for the Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 JTS Mk2 is suitable for GTV 2.0JTS Mk2 models. A direct replacement for the standard Alfa Romeo open differential, the Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential transforms your car’s...

View details

Prices from: £595.00

QDH2K -

Alfa Romeo GTV 1.8 TS Mk2 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential for the Alfa Romeo GTV 1.8 TS Mk2 is suitable for GTV 1.8 TS Mk2 models. A direct replacement for the standard Alfa Romeo open differential, the Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential transforms your car’s...

View details

Alan

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
So the Q2 badge still applies then only it now stands for Quaife:lol:

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
Following your link I scrolled down and entered car details for the Quaife and it only offered two options neither are listed as for the 3 litre engine.

Can these be used or is there another part not advertised on the website

QDH2K -

Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 JTS Mk2 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential for the Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 JTS Mk2 is suitable for GTV 2.0JTS Mk2 models. A direct replacement for the standard Alfa Romeo open differential, the Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential transforms your car’s...

View details

QDH2K -

Alfa Romeo GTV 1.8 TS Mk2 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential for the Alfa Romeo GTV 1.8 TS Mk2 is suitable for GTV 1.8 TS Mk2 models. A direct replacement for the standard Alfa Romeo open differential, the Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential transforms your car’s...

View details

Alan
No, you want: QDH6E - Quaife Engineering

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
I see so its flagged as a GTA version only.
No, it is also listed for the appropriate Diesels and the drawing is clearly labelled as "156 v6" (meaning the 2.5v6) which was probably their first application for that p/n.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts