Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning All - I got my Autolusso oil cooler replacement kit yesterday late afternoon, in hindsight I should have asked for guaranteed morning delivery, having taken a day off work... nevermind.

So, I have made a mounting bracket for the radiator - all good.

However there are no instructions regarding the sandwich plate assembly and I am confused on a couple of points. The guide on the Autolusso website doesn't enlighten me at all.

In the picture below, there are two compression washers - metal washers with a plastic/rubber insert - can anyone (that has done this job before) advise just where they go?

Also can anyone confirm that I have lined up the fittings for the sandwich plate in the correct order, the lhs being where it mounts to the car and the rhs being where the filter screws on?

Lastly, the threaded section where the filter screws on is threaded longer on one side than the other... which way round does this go - ie which side goes to the sandwich plate and which to the filter?

I have phone AL twice, once yesterday afternoon, once this morning but haven't managed to get a definitive answer. Ned's not in this morning and I really need to get this job sorted... TIA

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
*****EDIT - Panic Not over - see below******

Panic over - just spoke to Bournemouth dept, all sorted, was just as I had put it together the firsttime....

Better picture on the AL website would be useful I think...

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still struggling with this....

Bournemouth confirmed that I have the sleeved nut and the oil filter nut in the correct order as per picture, however on tightening this makes it impossible to get a socket onto the right hand side piece.

I can assemble it the other way around with the sleeved section heading into the oil filter, allowing me to get a socket on it and tighten up - is this actually the way to do it?

Resisting the temptation to swear at the moment - I'm pretty handy and not stupid but for once, some clear instructions would be a great help...

Am going to make up the hoses now, whilst waiting for some clarity..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts