Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any dealings with autolusso. I've just seen there website and see they do servicing and a few other bits and bobs for alfa's. Particually like the look of the turbo hybrid engine they do for the mito and wondered if anyone has this? Particulally interested if anyone has the custom built exhaust unit they fit?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yep lots of people deal with AL on this forum. Good company. Good quality work and good prices. enjoy. :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
I also would like to see replies in relation to customer service and servicing provided by them as they are relatively local to myself when the mito's service is next due.

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
has anyone had any dealings with autolusso. I've just seen there website and see they do servicing and a few other bits and bobs for alfa's. Particually like the look of the turbo hybrid engine they do for the mito and wondered if anyone has this? Particulally interested if anyone has the custom built exhaust unit they fit?

Thanks
Speak to GateKeeper on here, he's had the hybrid turbo conversion done, and also the custom stainless exhaust. It really does sound amazing, almost a little exotic sounding. Its the exact same backbox as fitted to these two GTAs, it sounds a bit different being on a 4cyl turbo compared to a normally aspirated V6 but you can still hear the similarities:

my 156 gta's with wizard exhaust system - YouTube

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi Timmsy,

I was the guinea pig for the first 'Hybrd' mito and its still going strong!!! Ned was very helpful during the development of the modification and kept me informed of progress etc. We were also able to tailor the re-map to my personal tastes which meant that I got a car that I could live with day to day - something that is very important I believe. This is my thoughts etc after running the car for a few months: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/302959-hybrid-mito-3-months-on.html#post4405041

The exhaust sounds amazing - you wouldn't believe how good it is. I will try and arrange to have a vid taken and shared (thinking about you helping me here Pud)

GK

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Have you got a camcorder? I recorded my GTV V6 with Marco's iphone and it came out alright, but I think a camcorder would capture it better..

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nope, dont think my camera does audio either. Might be able to borrow something though.

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
We've got to do a video soon.. How many miles have you done in it since the conversion by the way? And when are we winding it up to 225bhp? :lol:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Not sure - just ticked over 29k so I think 4k. When I find 5mins to rub together and have a chat with Ned!! I think we might have to improve the induction to get it to 255 in a drivable way

Not been on a meet since I had it done, I have had no time!! (Only got time now because I am out the country on holiday)

GK

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
I think we might have to improve the induction to get it to 255 in a drivable way
John mate, going for 225 - 255 will blow it to bits, there is only so much you can reliably get from 1400cc

OK you want more powder, how about V8 with rear wheel drive? We can do anything, that will be fun:D

Ned

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hehe bit of a typo there, meant to say 225 not 255!!

being a v8 is no guarantee that it wont blow up :)

Gk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very happy with AL service - they really know the Alfa Romeo range and I'll be taking my GTV back shortly for an exhaust replacement. If it's close to you, you're very lucky ... I have to drive up from London!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
My experiences with AL over the years have always been positive, speak as I find & not in anyway connected to them:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Autolusso know alfas like the back of their hand. Ned who is in charge, is a good bloke if a bit grumpy sometimes! He really needs to hire a secretary of sorts.

But yes i would recommend them.

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Autolusso know alfas like the back of their hand. Ned who is in charge, is a good bloke if a bit grumpy sometimes! He really needs to hire a secretary of sorts.

But yes i would recommend them.
Have you not met the lanky ginger bloke with big ears?

(He'll kill me if he reads this! :lol:)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Have you not met the lanky ginger bloke with big ears?

(He'll kill me if he reads this! :lol:)

He's called Dan isn't he??? :confused: :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts