Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many other members I have had the misfortune of falling victim to the sharp practises of a company trading as Autolusso. In October 2007 I paid £1000 deposit for a new GT and waited and waited and waited... Finally in August 2008 I cancelled the order and asked for a full refund.

This was refused - I went to Court who found in my favour that Autlusso had broken the contract. The receipt for the deposit was issued by a company called Beacon Automotive. When the writ ( issued against Beacon ) was acted on, by an enforcement officer he was told everything on the Luton site was owned by Autolusso therefore he was helpless to seize property to make good the debt. Little did I, and many others know, the directors shut down Beacon in March 2008, leaving court judgements against that company useless.

Disgusted doesn't begin to describe my feelings for these rogues - :mad:BE WARNED AVOID AUTOLUSSO AT ALL COSTS.:mad:

I'll be spreading this warning far and wide.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO :)

I understand you are annoyed and I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. But this conversation has been done over and over and over and over.............

You best bet would be to contact Ned yourself and try and talk to him about it.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Also Autolusso have not sold new cars since these problems started.
They only offer servicing and repairs now, and this part of the business seems to be held in high regard.

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
Hello Celta alfa and welcome to AO....:D

hope you have something positive to say soon...:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Did that whole court case ever get sorted, or am I on thin ice even mentioning it?

G

·
0 Posts
I go out of my way to go in there as much as possible.......................

R

·
0 Posts
My opinion, it seems to me that there are more than enough threads slating Autolusso regarding the sale (or not ) of New Alfas, it has as been said by AV been done to death. Is there any way that they could all be contained in the one thread as I find it rather distasteful the amount of these threads that appear that quite honestly disrupt the harmony of the site and always lead to arguments and mud slinging. Im not saying there is no case against Autolusso, I dont know if there is or is not but the danger is that unless we have definite proof that they trade/traded illegaly then I think that this constant bombardment against them is OTT. The other thing that I find strange is the amount of these people who are new/newish members often with 1 or 2 posts that to me rings alarm bells.

The above are only my thoughts on the matter, feel free to carry on as usual..........round 10 ding ding :rolleyes:

P

·
0 Posts
To be honest, I think the original poster has had his say and I feel that locking this thread would now be for the best.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.