Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the small mesh grill that goes next to the fog light on my 156 facelift on the passenger side. Tried ebay ones but they were wrong and didn't look right. Alfa dealer no longer make them so I was basically stuck unless I knicked one of someone else's car :tut: Tried many breakers but they always seem to get knocked out anyway and were always missing from the passenger side......

This morning I recieved a call for AL Bournemouth. Loz had been asked to remove a grill from a customers car as they were missing the other one. Being a bright spark he mentioned that I was looking for one and was willing to pay for it:D The deal is done and I'm picking it up tonight when I pop in......

sad aren't I :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. This is my drivers side

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can now :p

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're like rocking horse poo mate. I've only got one as another owner has kindly sold me his as he is missing the other one

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have been looking for the small mesh grill that goes next to the fog light on my 156 facelift on the passenger side. Tried ebay ones but they were wrong and didn't look right. Alfa dealer no longer make them so I was basically stuck unless I knicked one of someone else's car :tut: Tried many breakers but they always seem to get knocked out anyway and were always missing from the passenger side......

This morning I recieved a call for AL Bournemouth. Loz had been asked to remove a grill from a customers car as they were missing the other one. Being a bright spark he mentioned that I was looking for one and was willing to pay for it:D The deal is done and I'm picking it up tonight when I pop in......

sad aren't I :lol:
You just like things to be right - nothing wrong with that! :thumbs:

It is often the little things in life that make the difference too.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
JossTroll, are you on commission? :p

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JossTroll, are you on commission? :p
For what? I'm genuinely really happy about this. This has been one of the annoyances of my facelift since I bought it

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mines never had them. Have looked a few times, but not realy too worried about the missing grills just the dent in n/s rear wing does my head in, but then I did get money off because of it.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
For what? I'm genuinely really happy about this. This has been one of the annoyances of my facelift since I bought it

All the 'I :inlove: AL Bournemouth' posts :p :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:rolleyes: :lol: It's not my fault if they actually could be a4$ed to sort that. I have asked lots of other places with no joy for the past um...... well I bought the car in 08 so that long :p

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have the e-bay ones and I must say I think they look real nice, I remember my thread on them and some people swore blind they never had them, so much so I even doubted myself though I know I had one when i brought the car lol.
Now just one word of caution, there is a dent in the oil cooler caused by a stone and there was a slight leak at the time it happend as there is a small black patch on the radiator thats been damp at some point but the hole must be so small its taken years to leak a black patch the size of a 10p but anyway its not changed so i'm not worried but it just shows a stone kicked up by the car in front cant still get in there!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found the ebay. Mesh ones don't match very well. Got two in my tool box but that doesn't matter now anyway :D

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Bump for an unlikely question: do you happen to know the age of car this was off?

I'm told they can be ordered but I also had a look on ePER and there was a modification in 2003 that I think might have got rid of the grille (and another in 2004 that got rid of the paint)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts