Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People on here have been banging on about GTV CF2 manifolds on GTA's for a couple of years but there were no down pipes that fitted nicely, there was equal length pipes available but the fit was horrible and makes everything rub on everything, knocking etc

The absolute genius "Wizard" has made a set of down pipes that perfectly connect the CF2 manifolds to the twin cats under the car, now we can have great power gains and they fit

Without question finally we are able to recommend this modification, everyone that has had the CF2 manifolds fitted needs these pipes

Ned

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
They do look lovely.

Any idea if they will be availible with a lambda boss in the rear bank pipe too so that people can use the more plentyfull CF2 156 manifolds?

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do look lovely.

Any idea if they will be availible with a lambda boss in the rear bank pipe too so that people can use the more plentyfull CF2 156 manifolds?
I talked to Dan about this and they are modifying the manifolds with a lambda boss, to be honest I can't remember what he said as I was doing my usual bitching about other stuff at work :rolleyes:

Ned

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Those look like great quality pipes. Not equal length though. Is the equal length pipes not an important part of the manifold upgrade or am I missing something here? (wouldn't be the first time:)

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
Those look like great quality pipes. Not equal length though. Is the equal length pipes not an important part of the manifold upgrade or am I missing something here? (wouldn't be the first time:)
The front sections are 48" and 43" when measured from the collection point on the manifolds to the beginning of the respective cat, so they are fairly close. After a lot of thought and experience with other pipes including our own prototype set of equal lengths, we decided to prioritise ground clearance and bore size of the front pipes over the equal length aspect. Problem with the equal length pipes is that you have to use narrower bore pipe to maximise ground clearance as the pipes cross over underneath the car, and even then it doesn't leave you with much. Its worse on the GTAs than on the GTVs.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Am I missing something here,1 pipe is at least a foot longer than the other 1,get a set from Gus ,proper equal length pipes that fit nicely:)

John

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Damn you wizard!! I had put off the idea of going CF2s and now you make it worth it :lol: I'll wait and see your manifolds your making 1st ;)

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
Am I missing something here,1 pipe is at least a foot longer than the other 1,get a set from Gus ,proper equal length pipes that fit nicely:)

John
All well and good until you wipe them out on a speedbump or raised ironwork, ground clearance on the rear bank pipe is poor. Can't fault his GTV ones, had them on my CF2 up until I broke it, but GTA ones are too low on clearance in my opinion.

No such problems with these:

IMG_0451.jpg

As for the lengths, don't forget the rear bank CF2 manifold has 3.5" of collector that the front bank doesn't, and the rear bank cat is also offset to give more length. These are within 10% of being equal length and also bigger in bore.

IMG_0450.jpg

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
Damn you wizard!! I had put off the idea of going CF2s and now you make it worth it :lol: I'll wait and see your manifolds your making 1st ;)
Here's some we made earlier - they're actually standard CF2 ones but externally welded & ported internally:

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Here's some we made earlier - they're actually standard ones but externally welded & ported internally:

View attachment 134899

View attachment 134898
Okay now I have just messed my pants!! How much for the manifolds Pud?

So as these are standard ones but with no cats does that mean these downpipes that has just been made won't fit?

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
Okay now I have just messed my pants!! How much for the manifolds Pud?

So as these are standard ones but with no cats does that mean these downpipes that has just been made won't fit?
Should have made that a bit clearer, they are standard CF2 ones, so they will fit these new front pipes. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts