Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished one and now straight on to the next

To be fair this is not so much an engine build but engine replacement as the engine is already built

This car hydro locked in a deep puddle about 2 months ago, been battling with the insurance company as they wanted to it write off

Ned

Attachments

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Another caution to all Busso owners. Owners of virtually any modern car - except maybe the SUVs and hatchbacks on stilts that seem so popular now.

DO
NOT
DRIVE
THROUGH
WATER!

And if you really have to, if it's life-or-death, park the car, get out, go and check the depth of the water first.

And if it's raining hard and you "couldn't see" the water (it's falling out of the sky!) you were driving too fast.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Another caution to all Busso owners. Owners of virtually any modern car - except maybe the SUVs and hatchbacks on stilts that seem so popular now.

DO
NOT
DRIVE
THROUGH
WATER!

And if you really have to, if it's life-or-death, park the car, get out, go and check the depth of the water first.

And if it's raining hard and you "couldn't see" the water (it's falling out of the sky!) you were driving too fast.
yep and even if the water isn't that deep, some b#st##d in a 4X4 may still pile through and cause a bow wave big enough to flood your engine. If this happens and a tsunami is approaching...switch off your engine quick!!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I have driven my GTA through lots of deep water and never had an issue. I can only imagine these guys are driving through really deep water!
I take it the snorkels were fitted to the airbox and have a good seal?

Good to see the car is getting fixed, seems crazy to write a car off to repalce just an engine. I know they are expensive and considered against vehicle value it ticks the write off box, but just silly. I take it the car will have a Cat D against it now?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The air intake on the 3.2's are really low for some reason. Just below bumper line and there is no U bend in the induction pipe to slow the water either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts