Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Autolusso Bournemouth and the main branch in Houghton Regis now have a limited number of 156 GTA front wings available.

They are £350 + VAT each

We have a paint shop so can organise fitting and painting

We can send them out but there is a risk of them getting damaged

Ned

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Ned,

There's a lot of talk atm about making carbon fibre wings, would you consider having a mould made for CF wings to be made and sold?

Cheers, Sam

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ned,

There's a lot of talk atm about making carbon fibre wings, would you consider having a mould made for CF wings to be made and sold?

Cheers, Sam
A friend of mine has a company that makes top quality carbon fibre components so it is possible but going to be very expensive with very little benefit as it is not going to save any weight as they wings do weigh much

Have you felt the weight of a GTA seat??

Ned

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
A friend of mine has a company that makes top quality carbon fibre components so it is possible but going to be very expensive with very little benefit as it is not going to save any weight as they wings do weigh much

Have you felt the weight of a GTA seat??

Ned
I think the main reason 156 GTA owners would be interested in CF wings, is more for the rusting issues as opposed to the weight saving ones...myself included

·
Registered
708 Posts
True. Not to have to worry about rust anymnore is great relief.
Altough I dont mind if the wings are not in CF but in fiber class. But the quality must match the steel wings.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's not so much the weight saving for me, more the fact that it will never go rusty and CF is also a desirable material to have on a car, which is why I'd pick it over GRP etc

Sam

·
Administrator
46,127 Posts
I wonder if it would be valuable to take some kind of mould of a set of wings not specifically to make them out of one material or another, but simply so that it's vaguely possible to make them at all when the supply from AR runs out?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Well mine are wrapped up and haven't been touched for over 2 years
I check them now and then to make sure they are not rusting lol
Prob be fitting them this summer or following when I get all the body work sorted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts