Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's that time of year again

One of the events of the year as 100's of Italian cars of every conceivable marque descend upon brooklands

You will get to see some lovely cars in action in the adjoining Mercedes Benz world track as well as runs up the test hill, all makes for a great day out with access to the museum including the Loch Ness Wellington to boot

Admission can be bought on the door but best to buy in advance from the brooklands museum website

Look forward to seeing a few of you there

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey Guys new poster here ,
ill be there , ill make sure to come over and introduce my self as ill be on the fiat forum stand with my cinquecento , , or i may bring the 159 down well ill ask some one to bring it down hahah

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Hi Jon - Yep, I am planning on coming to this again on the basis the weather is good. Dry will surfice, but blue skies would be lovely :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I will be there as normal. And will be planning to organise the usual meet ups before as per the status quo, maybe slightly earlier to meet everyone at tesco brooklands

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
We will finally be able to make the event this year. Normally we have to go to Spain at the time Autoitalia is on, but this year we don't have to go until the following week. Really looking forward to it and hope for dry weather.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
yes please
Are you doing the track run?

Will it be possible to blag a seat "shot gun" or is your Mrs. coming along?... would like to hear the madness of the straight through system, inside the car :lol:

No worries, if not.. as you can hear it in the next county!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you doing the track run?

Will it be possible to blag a seat "shot gun" or is your Mrs. coming along?... would like to hear the madness of the straight through system, inside the car :lol:

No worries, if not.. as you can hear it in the next county!!!
Hi Paul

Well I was not going to but since you asked nicely I have just fired an e-mail off to Phil in order to see if there are any spaces left; fingers crossed.

Thought you had a loud boy on your gtv!!?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It's quite loud, as only got centre silencer and then straight through Quad.

Not planning to go round the track TBH, but if the passenger seat is available on your V6, would like to have a hot ride and listen to the howl from within the beast

I'll shout you a coffee after!

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,526 Posts
I'm hoping to be there again. Fingers crossed I'll be in the Gtv this time

·
63,526 Posts
Incidentally, how does one get on the track parade?

·
Registered
270 Posts
There will be 3 or 4 from the Somerset AROC again - lets hope they organise a few more places to get a drink. Horrendous queues last year. Oh and ask the 'powers that be' to fix the entry road by getting rid of some of the pot holes. I did E mail a complaint but of course got no reply.:furious:

·
63,526 Posts
Hi Gaz, send an email to Phil @ AutoItalia magazine... Might be too late now as it's March and slots are limited.. Worth an ask though.
Cheers mate, I'll fire one off now :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
There will be 3 or 4 from the Somerset AROC again - lets hope they organise a few more places to get a drink. Horrendous queues last year. Oh and ask the 'powers that be' to fix the entry road by getting rid of some of the pot holes. I did E mail a complaint but of course got no reply.:furious:
Sorry to say that the road going into Brooklands is still horrendous, so unless they are planning on doing something in the next few weeks, prepare for the worst.
It doesn't give a very good impression when you enter the site. Looks like years of lack of investment to me, a bit like the rest of the country. Don't start me off. :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Sorry to say that the road going into Brooklands is still horrendous, so unless they are planning on doing something in the next few weeks, prepare for the worst.
It doesn't give a very good impression when you enter the site. Looks like years of lack of investment to me, a bit like the rest of the country. Don't start me off. :)
WHAT - they have still not fixed the roads around there!!! being bloody Surrey and all, I am surprised its not Red Bloody Carpet for the "Oh Ya" brigade...

With one day boycott of the EU, there is a quick £50M quid to get it done in time :lol :lol:

We'll all be doing the "Slalom" then :furious:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hoping to get there and will be nice to see some of the fella's from Paul's Alfa Meet earlier this month. :)

Fraze

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Hoping to get there and will be nice to see some of the fella's from Paul's Alfa Meet earlier this month. :)

Fraze
There will be a convoy meet at Notcutts, Clacket Lane Services and the Tesco at Brooklands.

Chubb's will be organising this for all SE Alfisti :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts