Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I received a sample of kleers tar remover and i thought instead of just testing it by itself i would put it up against another tar remover,

First up is the autoglym intensive tar remover,

I applied the autoglym following the directions on the back of the bottle which are, " apply directly into contaminated area using a clean cotton cloth " " allow 1-2 minutes contact time and wipe or wash off"
Before:

The run:

After:

After using the intensive tar remover i was happy with the results and i liked seeing the run of the tar spots but i dont like the application method, i feel that i would be inclined to use to much product on the cloth than i actually need but apart from that all good all round product.

Next up is the kleers tar remover,

I have to say i am still a fan of the kleers metal bottles, i like the security that if i drop it, its not going to break. ( i drop things alot ) i applied the tar remover following kleers instructions

"Ensure surface is dry clean and free from loose dirt and grit. Apply a liberal amount of tar remover to your cloth and work in a circular motion.Tar will begin to dissolve and then disappear completely. Stubborn spots may require repeat treatment.
Buff away any excess product with a clean cloth leaving surface clean and protected.

Before:

There is no run with this product as it is worked in with a cloth

After:

After using the kleers i am impressed, it felt a lot faster at tackling the tar spots, i think this is because of how it is applied but it works, in the 2 minutes i was waiting for the autoglym to work i had the kleers test spot totaly clear, i also like how it is applied via a spray top on the bottle.

Conclusion:

IMO i would sway towards the kleers tar remover, the application and time for me is alot more my personal taste

Hope you had a good read and feel free to comment

Thanks

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I will give the Kleers a go. I've usually used the Autoglym but find it slow to activate. I once had some Gunk tar remover but can't seem to find it in the shops anymore. Good project, I am definitely inspired to try the Kleers, thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I will give the Kleers a go. I've usually used the Autoglym but find it slow to activate. I once had some Gunk tar remover but can't seem to find it in the shops anymore. Good project, I am definitely inspired to try the Kleers, thanks.
I am glad it has inspired you :) i really like the kleers and its my new tar remover, it says apply liberally but i have to admit i didnt spray that much on and it still worked really well,

I have another test coming up for wheel seal products, one is poorboys wheel sealant, 4nano wheel protect and simoniz brake dust repellant,

Also a test on demon shine rapid dirt shifter is LSP safe, i know it os safe as i have done the test but i shall make a video showing that it is.

If theres any reviews or that you would like to see let me know and i shall try to get one done

Thanks

Marc

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have to admit i haven't tried tardis but i see kleers giving it a run for its money, the thing i like about the kleers is that it lays down its own layer of protection after the tar has been remover so there is no beed to wax that area after de taring

But everything has there pros and there cons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts