Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly let me preface this by saying, no, I do not work for Autoglym.

After using Meguiars and Mother's Canuba Waxes, I decided to give Autoglym's Ultra Deep Shine a go on my Black Alfa 156.

What a spectacular result!

By far a better shine and finish than anything else I've used. Real showroom quality.

My six-year-old Alfa looked like it had just rolled off the production line.

And the best part about it is that it's a one step application. No need for other resins and polishers before application.

The only minor drawback is that it was quite tough going removing the wax by hand.

Well worth it though.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i'd agree, and i've tried all sorts of stuff too. I'd call it a lazy one step option that makes mildly tired paint look amazing - not good for restoring old stuff, but great on new stuff. the trick is to take the haze off a panel at a time, otherwise it's staying there..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well I've always used the autoglym range & have had very good results but I'm now moving on to new territory with other waxes that others have recommended I was given a website called detailed obsession & they have quite a few new to me products on there so I'm giving it a go so to speak.....:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I did Clare's GT today with AG UDS. Used the mains powered buffers to apply and then took off with microfibre. Very good results:cool: Top Tip - apply sparingly and leave to dry for c10 minutes;) Easy to get off then:)

If I had the time I would have topped it off with EGP or even better, the HD Wax which is megga:wow: So easy to apply yet so easy to buff off. As far as I'm concerned it's the ultimate:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
good to know, Will it work on metallic?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've used it on mine and it is ok, but it leaves shed loads of dust. I had to polish on then polish polish off and then dust it with a microfibre.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I did Clare's GT today with AG UDS. Used the mains powered buffers to apply and then took off with microfibre. Very good results:cool: Top Tip - apply sparingly and leave to dry for c10 minutes;) Easy to get off then:)

If I had the time I would have topped it off with EGP or even better, the HD Wax which is megga:wow: So easy to apply yet so easy to buff off. As far as I'm concerned it's the ultimate:thumbs:
Simon - agreed - if I have time I'll shove EGP on the 159 & GT - otherwise its Aquawax - I am addicted - smells like Hubba Bubba gum!!!!....Also the HD Wax is jizzmatic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
never really got on with this stuff, i like the SRP and EGP , but tried the UDS on my black R1 and agree its hard to remove although once removed it did give a good result and shine, not as good as i thought it would be.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I used UDS on my old Alfa 156 with amazing results. It looked great and better than showroom. Not the easiest to apply/remove but far better than some. If some find it dusty it means you're applying it with a trowl, apply sparingly and you won't get these problems. Must give the GTA a coat!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Scall, I think it was, is with us Zymol brigade boys, Carnuba, Coconut Oil, and Banana Cream, plus Bees Wax. Luvverly' smell, beautiful mirror gloss.:):

·
Registered
36 Posts
Never been a big fan of AutoGlym stuff. I've used Megs Gold Class for ages.
Swapped to Dodo Juice (Blue Velvet carnauba wax as the 156 is black) this summer and currently well happy with the results!

Detailed Obsession do Dodo stuff as well - they're a great site for detailing products. Migh be worth a look.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never been a big fan of AutoGlym stuff. I've used Megs Gold Class for ages.
Swapped to Dodo Juice (Blue Velvet carnauba wax as the 156 is black) this summer and currently well happy with the results!

Detailed Obsession do Dodo stuff as well - they're a great site for detailing products. Migh be worth a look.
Spot on answer! :D

Good site here too;

Clean Your Car - car care products UK

·
Registered
9 Posts
....well, here in my country there is a lot of fuss lately about Meguiars and Mother's products. Being an AutoGlym fan, I thought I should give Meguiars a try, but honestly, I can't even compare the results with AG, the latter is by far better and also cheaper

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
At last this site is not full of Autoglym clones !
Too right it isn't, although there are a few who remain "uneducated" - there are many better products available at a similar price; Chemical Guys for one. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
....well, here in my country there is a lot of fuss lately about Meguiars and Mother's products. Being an AutoGlym fan, I thought I should give Meguiars a try, but honestly, I can't even compare the results with AG, the latter is by far better and also cheaper
Cough, splutter.................:confused:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Too right it isn't, although there are a few who remain "uneducated" - there are many better products available at a similar price; Chemical Guys for one. :)
I've got a wide range of products from various manufacturers....... only just got my first CG products though, the speed wipe and the synthetic detailer in US gallon size, I use alot of quick detailer type products! :rolleyes:

Got them from this company who are actually based in Scotland - carwashnwax - for £50.

Only used the Speed Wipe so far and I'm very impressed, it even smells of strawberries! :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Rosso. The uneducated comment had better been meant tongue in cheek!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts