Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I have a preference for Autoglym products as I have found them to be good quality and have a broad spectrum of products for internal, external and under bonnet cleaning. Only this weekend I had something of a surprise...

Having purchased my last GT in March this year I though it time to Clay Bar the bodywork. (Doesn't feel like it has been done for years, if ever!). Old Clay bar not good, detailer almost empty...

So, afternoon trip to my local H4lf0rds arranged, as they often have a 'three for two' or buy two get the third (cheapest) free, etc. On arrival I was shocked to find the Autoglym Clay Bar 'pack' of a Small Clay Bar, 500ml detailer and the smallest bottle of polish ever - was £32! ...and NO offer on - gutted!

However, I found a Maguires equivalent item, with a larger, (by weight), clay bar and 500ml of detailer for £13.80 (Okay so there is no polish but I have plenty). Now, I would have expected a difference between the two manufacturers prices of a few quid, but not by nearly £20. So which did I buy - the Maguires of course!

Never tried their products before so I'm interested to see how well it gets on? Not sure this will change my allegiance, but will certainly have me looking at other option in future!

Anyone else experienced this before? How does the Maguires product compare?

Will be trying it next weekend as Herefordshire weather seems to have beaten me today.

G

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I use a combination of Autoglym, Meguiars and Auto Finesse - the Auto finesse is probably the best ive used in a long time for wheel products, the Meguiars clay and Quik Detailer always win as its a good combination of price! (sometimes they do an offer where you get an extra bar free)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried the Maguiars Clay bar and Detailer yesterday on the roof of the GT as I had an hour spare. Brilliant results. The roof is like glass!
Will get to don the rest of the car over the next week or two. Will post some pictures then...

One question. Any recommendation how to store the clay bar? Has anyone found a good way to ensure it stays soft and supple ?

g

1 - 3 of 3 Posts