Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That stuff any good? Can you really apply it when the cars still wet?
Would be good for me - love cleaning and polishing my cars but times short with two little nellos!

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
In a word, yes.

It's a great 'top up' product which is quick and simple to use. I usually use it every two washes.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Works great and so easily on a wet car to give a great finish and some added protection......but it can be used on a dry car too like any other liquid wax, just not as easily! :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's magic stuff & I swear by it (or the 5 litre trade version called Express Was P17 put me on to):cool:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
it is very good :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yep, does me proud too! :thumbs::cool:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's so easy and the results are excellent:cool:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Any of us work for Auto Glym? :lol:

Seriously though, i like all the Auto Glym products and find they all work well, although i know some people dislike them and favour other products. personal preference i guess

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
If you use this regularly is there any need to proper wax the car or would this be sufficient?

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
For those who are lazy (most of us ;) )and car in good condition then
1) wash your car
2) clay it to remove the crap stuck to the paint
3) 'polish' with Mothers Relections Advanced car wax ..apply with Meguiars Even-Coat Applicator (fit hand nicely) and remove with a microfibre cloth
and from then until a "re-polish' is required, wash your car and rinse, spray on some Meguiars Quick Detailer whilst wet and then dry with a damp microfibre drying towel.......this will prevent water marks and bring back the shine.

As you need the Detailer for the claying then you can buy Meguiars Professional Final inspection detailer 34 in bulk (same as Quick detaileras far as I can tell)

So only 2 products needed, apart from the clay and the wash to keep your car looking good.....

NB I use Zymol Ital wax(old formula) on the Alfa 147 2.0 as it is Red and the wax does it proud even if much slower to apply but the Volvo C30 gets the above ;) ..look ma 5 cylinders

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds like a loooong job Stori....

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Aquawax contains carnuba hence the bubble gum smell. If you start with a properly clean surface and use it regularly it keeps your car pristine. To note, it's not a polish per se, it's a wax that protects and shines:cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
So People, how exactly please do you use this stuff?

Wash the car as normal, rinse car with open hose (which mostly sheets off but leaves beaded water mostly on top surfaces), then what? Does it prevent the need to dry, etc?

Any advice before I shell out the readies would be appreciated. :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Wash & rinse the car as normal. Whilst still wet, spray lighty with Aquawax and dry & shine all in one using a decent microfibre cloth. A doddle:cool:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Wash & rinse the car as normal. Whilst still wet, spray lighty with Aquawax and dry & shine all in one using a decent microfibre cloth. A doddle:cool:
I suppose the real question is whether it is any better using Aquawax than doing the same thing with Meguiars Final Detailer (aka Final inspection 34)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts