Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
My FCW unavailable warning has NEVER come on in the sun. I know FCW camera and Radar work as I have ACC+ which is functional.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I had the driver side window replaced by Autoglass after some scrote (copyright: DS Burnside from the bill) broke in. Ever since there has been a rattle and I can still hear some glass in the bottom of the door when I close it. I plan on taking the trim off and sorting it myself at some stage. I don’t blame the fitter really, you could tell he had about 30 mins budgeted for the job and he was rushing. About a year ago I had a stone chip in my windscreen with an accompanying semi-circular crack about 20mm wide, but it doesn’t affect visibility and I’ve been putting up with it as I don’t want what you’ve been through Ruskins.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ge
I had the driver side window replaced by Autoglass after some scrote (copyright: DS Burnside from the bill) broke in. Ever since there has been a rattle and I can still hear some glass in the bottom of the door when I close it. I plan on taking the trim off and sorting it myself at some stage. I don’t blame the fitter really, you could tell he had about 30 mins budgeted for the job and he was rushing. About a year ago I had a stone chip in my windscreen with an accompanying semi-circular crack about 20mm wide, but it doesn’t affect visibility and I’ve been putting up with it as I don’t want what you’ve been through Ruskins.
Getting glass replaced is a minefield, that's probably not the fitters fault, happened to my GT years ago, enough glass went into the door when the window was broken or fell in when the door was opened to create a glassy rattle. Had a new windscreen in a 159, wasn't right, they did it again but it was never the same, condensation like Niagra falls.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had my screen repaired by autoglass due to a crack from a stone. It was not a good experience. First time they replaced the screen on my drive but couldn't reset the camera so they agreed to replace it. Second go, they replaced it at my dealers but it still took a full day before the calibration would work at it was possible to drive.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you examine the markings in the lower corner of the screen, you will see that there are either one or two symbols at the bottom. One of them looks like a little ear indicating that the screen has acoustic absorption properties (this is standard) and if there is a second symbol with what looks like a +-thermometer, then this indicates that the screen is athermic.
Athermic screens are more expensive so Autoglass, etc., will automatically replace with non-athermic unless you insist otherwise. View attachment 933285
Just checked the new screen, it's got two symbols on it

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I had my Giulietta QV glass replaced (twice) due to two unfortunate stones cracking the screens on separate occasions. Both were done by Auto Windscreens and they were damn good and did a perfect job both times. I insisted on genuine Alfa Romeo screens both times - ie with the Alfa logo printed on the screen - and I would do the same for the Giulia even if I had to wait. I'm a stickler for keeping the car standard with genuine OEM parts!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok so on the second attempt they seem to have got it right. They took their time and explained that before they had missed a part of the scuttle with the sealeant.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts