Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Read the artcle on the train this morning.

By God this is a good looking car. I can't wait to see one for real!
BUT you have to look at the competition for the same money [ducking for cover].
You can get some serious metal for that money, but probably nothing that looks as good

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
It is lovely but IMHO the interior should have been made a little different to the 159.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beind totally bald, the wind in the hair thing does nothing for me but in Red, that car gives me a stiffy. My local dealer got a bit concerned on Wednesday :lol:

·
Registered
578 Posts
As Dpat says the interior should have been made different to the 159.
I went to try the Spider at my dealers on Friday as I'm looking for a new car for my wife and it was the same as sitting in my car. I'm sorry but if I'm going to drive the Spider on a weekend I want to feel different. Although the interior feels something special in the 159 for some reason it feels bland in the Spider. I think they should have put the Ti interior in it.

After thinking about it it looks like we're going to get her a GT - I've always loved the GT - in fact I was going to buy a GT the day I first saw the 159 in the flesh in the showroom and was converted. Wifey doesn't like the 159 tho, she says it feels too big to her.

They had two Spiders in the showroom, one red and one black and the black one looked loads cooler and more aggressive:cool: . But parked at the side of the black Spider was a black Brera and it really looked the better car against the Spider.:cool: :cool: It looked lower and had a more aggressive stance. I hate to have to make that choice - Spider or Brera :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well.....had a test drive in a silver spider today - stunning looking motor however being 6 ft 2 - my head was touching the roof - I had to sit uncomfortably low on the seat to look 'normal' :cool:

The seats are too plump - I owuld need to get lower sports seats fitted - there goes that idea! - Any ideas for any othey stunning convertibles?:confused:

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Well.....had a test drive in a silver spider today - stunning looking motor however being 6 ft 2 - my head was touching the roof - I had to sit uncomfortably low on the seat to look 'normal' :cool:

:

Found the same with my 6'6" frame in the one at the show yesterday. My wife pointed out to me that when I was sat in it my head was way above the roofline !!! Not very safe in the event of a rollover !!! My line of sight was also directly pointing at the top of the screen ttoo. She, however, fitted in it perfectly :eek:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Found the same with my 6'6" frame in the one at the show yesterday. My wife pointed out to me that when I was sat in it my head was way above the roofline !!!
It's quite ridiculous design really. Rake the windscreen reeally steeply to save 0.3mpg, then make the top of it really thick for rollover protection, until only people of exactly the right height can see out of the car!
And what really ruins the economy is not the windscreen but the fact that it's a heavy convertible.

I've sat in a '60s GT/GTV, an '80s GTV6, a current GT and Brera with Skyview roof, and ruled them all out due to being too cramped or having poor outward visibility. I'm only 6'1...

G

·
They had two Spiders in the showroom, one red and one black and the black one looked loads cooler and more aggressive:cool: . But parked at the side of the black Spider was a black Brera and it really looked the better car against the Spider.:cool: :cool:
Black is the new red. :cool: ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had the pleasure of being surrounded by Alfas when I dropped my car in for service today and there were 3 Spiders in the showroom, blue, red and black.

Black definitely looked best to me, esp with the red leather :cool: :cool:

But if I only needed two seats it'd be the Brera every time.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They recently reviewed it agaist the TT & Z4. It lost :(

Cheers,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.