Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this remap for GT JTS engines really works ?

says 10 bhp+ ,is this a remarkable difference ?

and practically , what is the most benefit of this extra power

when taking off ? , cruising at constant speed , or anything else

if it was a supercharging , we could say , any of the specs will be nicer ,

but this remap i think , is just software , so anyone knows , what exactly do they play with ?

and also how about these air takes? do they really give 5-6% more performance

i'm new to tuning , so what can be done to this JTS engine to maximize it , but not 4000€ cost supercharging :)

just add ons and software modifications , and do they really work

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
they do! but not that much, but a noticable differance :) a good filter and zorst will make a nice improvment! :) but with both you will be luchy for 10bhp, the remap makes the zorst and filter work better..

go for fast road cams, they will make a nice improvement, however the remap will need modifying again to compensate for the change :)

Brad...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they do! but not that much, but a noticable differance :) a good filter and zorst will make a nice improvment! :) but with both you will be luchy for 10bhp, the remap makes the zorst and filter work better..

go for fast road cams, they will make a nice improvement, however the remap will need modifying again to compensate for the change :)

Brad...
here in turkey , we dont care about speed limits or cameras ..

but what i really want to learn , where will i get the difference mostly ?

i mean while climbing hills ,or at high revs , or it gives better torque in low revs

what does this new software do exactly

i ask it because 10 bhp+ is a general saying , can i explain myself ?

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
basically they change the map in the ecu to optimise air fuel mixture at all rpm, also controls timing advancing and retarding the spark!

the ecu alreay has a map in it, but its for emissions and economy only, if you tweak the map to add more or less fuel to the mix, thats what it does, quiet hard to explain really

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I think there is a dyno graph on their website, or at least I remember seeing one for the JTS remap.
(too lazy too look right now though :) )

TB

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think there is a dyno graph on their website, or at least I remember seeing one for the JTS remap.
(too lazy too look right now though :) )

TB
if it gives 10 km/h more speed ,i dont care

but if it helps the car pull nicer when 3 people sitting and the climate working at its maximum , it will be very nice :)

i will search for the charts (if any) on the website

1 - 7 of 7 Posts