Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what's going on with Autodelta just now? I've had a pair of exhaust back boxes for my 159 on order since January and have been trying to call Jano for an update, but get a message saying that they're closed for holidays until 22nd June! Emails seem to be a waste of time unless he invites you to send one.
It's my understanding that they are in the process of relocating, but you'd think they would still be contactable in some fashion or at least have something up on their website to say what's happening

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
When I spoke to him some time ago he was in the process of shifting everything to Greece. He had to come back however as there was substantial documentation to be completed for the move and start - up in Greece. I don't know where he is at with that at the moment but I should have thought everything has ground to a halt.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sizewell, seems like he's lost in bureaucracy for now.
I think I'll have to give up and go to plan B for the back boxes then, the car has basically been off the road since January and I need to get it back in regular use. The worry with doing that now is that if/when Jano resurfaces he has the ones I ordered and I end up with two sets!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Can you not cancel the order has he has broken the contract by failing to deliver in a reasonable time?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since he's not answering the phone I've left a message and also emailed to cancel the order, hopefully he'll catch one or the other.
The worry is that the boxes have already been made, or at least started. That being the case he'll be looking to sell them to get his money back and I'll be in the position of having asked for something and then turning it away once it's ready.
He said at the time of ordering it was normally a three week lead time, but could be longer due to everything that's going on right now (understandably). I think this has now gone somewhat beyond a reasonable delay, but it's the lack of communication that's really disappointing and I hate having to chase someone who has agreed to provide a service. Even an estimate of when the boxes would be ready would be better than silence, at least I'd know where I stand!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts