Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Autodelta J12 147

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Aisha 
#1 ·
There was an article in this months AROC newsletter on the J12.Here are some figures to wet your appetites!
1.6 litre,with Garrett water cooled turbo running at 8.6:1 compression,max power 180bhp @ 6400rpm.(50% increase on standard.)
Torque is up to 170lb/ft from 108lb/ft.Performace figs are 0-62 in 7.4 secs,top speed 134mph.Cost of the conversion is £2850.
Later they are doing 205bhp and 230bhp 2.0 litre versions.
They are predicting 0-60 commfortably below 6 secs for the latter.
So for about £18k you build yourself a 147GTA and save the wait!

G
#2 ·
18k??!! Sorry Pete,but its a tad more than that mate.The full j12 conversion to somewhere near 230bhp will set you back 9k on top of the list price of the 2ltr TS,which is how they price it.Its a great car,but for a coupkle of grand you can get the car to a decent speed simply on air flow.I've looked at it and decided that at 23/24k its to near the STI7 and EvoRS Sprint,not to mention the standard WRX.

Its one for the real Alfa maniacs!! I willplay with the 2ltr for a year but the J12 is just to much money for a FWD car.Bloody lovely though!

#3 ·
Dave

Prices quoted in AROC newsletter
are:
1.6 180 bhp turbo engine kit £2850
2.0 205 bhp turbo engine kit £2695
2.0 230 bhp turbo engine kit £3150

I guess the £9k you refer to is the addition of bigger wheels,tyres, suspension upgrades and a body kit.But what if you had just the turbo,and suspension upgrades? Then it might be worth it.Bit of a Q car then too!

G
#5 ·
Pete.AROC have got it wrong.You cannot just stick the turbo in without doing something with the airflow (induction cams and cylinder work),brakes (which aren't great) and springs.Plus the J12 bodykit is £1000.

#6 ·
Originally posted by dave:[QB]Pete.AROC have got it wrong.You cannot just stick the turbo in without doing something with the airflow (induction cams and cylinder work),brakes (which aren't great) and springs.Plus the J12 bodykit is £1000.[/QB]

Totally agree, you can't just stick a Turbo on and hope that it all holds together, at the very least, if you expect to run any sort of decent boost, you need to back off the compression of use forged pistons , and sort out extra cooling for the exhaust valves as they will bear the brunt of the extra heat created by the engine. Sodium filled valves are the usual wat to go.

#7 ·
Originally posted by dave:[QB]Pete.AROC have got it wrong.You cannot just stick the turbo in without doing something with the airflow (induction cams and cylinder work),brakes (which aren't great) and springs.Plus the J12 bodykit is £1000.[/QB]

Sorry, Dave but the way the article is worded gives the impression that the kit includes ALL the engine mods together, as a complete package,including fitting.I`ll have a look on their website and see what it says there.I know that the J10 kit for the Spider includes all the engine mods,so I may have been misled.

#9 ·
Alfaowner.com has done the deal with Autodelta. We will be selling J12's on line.

In fact anything J12. If anyone is interested in a conversion please write to us at j12-online@alfaowner.com our first customer will be chuffed to hell!

Expect to see these engine/bodykits in our online shop within days. We will be selling the full range including the high output 2.0 turbo that delivers 230BHP - WOW

Plus I saw some top secret stuff at Autodelta last weel whilst on myh visit... even the press dont have their hands on. (Fantastic **** any how) I cannot wait to tell someone but i am sworn to secrecy!

Ciao for now

AO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.