Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a foam air filter from autodelta for my TS Spider.
Has anyone used this notice any gains in performance at all?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Had one on my Brera. Throttle response improves slightly, and the induction noise changed slightly (quite nice). If there's a bhp increase it will be very small, 2 bhp tops.

G

·
Had one in the 147 (not AD) and the Brera (AD) .

You won't notice any power gain but it should
idle and pick up at low revs better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is no magic with the sport filters, they do improve response and have some benefits over paper ones in certain weather/ humidity etc levels.
They are re-usable as they can be cleaned, so they do offer also a financial benefit over a period.

Jano

G

·
I have one of these.

Agree with the comments here regarding the main benefit being a better noise from the engine under revs. A throatier growl and slightly louder. :cool:

Feels a touch more responsive down low. I can't feel any noticeable power gains though.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i have an AD foam filter in my GT 3.2. the thing i like most about it, is the 'dry foam' design, rather than an oiled filter. it makes it a cinch to clean, dry, and reuse. no messy re-oiling procedure.

does it mean it doesn't filter as well? possibly, but it looks pretty good to me. and i think our driving conditions in Oz are fine - unless you do mostly dirt road driving, which i doubt.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts