Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Nice to see the splitter deploy. Does it return under 70? or less? Assuming it would stay down til the car goes under 50..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Now, this is something I'm looking into and may have been answered by your dyno report. The bods at Alfa reckon there is a reduced engine output up to 1050 miles to allow the engine to be safely run in. Your figures would suggest it is running a little short of the quoted 500+. What mileage are you up to now on your car? Are you aware of any power loss on the dyno?

Alfa dealers have given me 2 stories:

1. 90% power available up to 1050 miles.
2. 80% available up to 1050 miles. 90% up to 3000 miles.

The latter seems a bit far fetched. The former is in keeping with a couple of previous Alfa models. I'm waiting for ARUK to confirm or deny but it could be a while.

·
Registered
463 Posts
p.s. I am aware the figures are quoting whp and not bhp. But even at that the numbers are low. I'd be expecting 425-430whp at full whack.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mustang Dynos read about 23% Lower than rated Crank HP. Dynojets read about 15% lower. I have 3200 Miles.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Still puts you at around 480bhp which is low for the car. Having road tested with GPS equipment I would have expected a higher output.

What fuel did you use?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still puts you at around 480bhp which is low for the car. Having road tested with GPS equipment I would have expected a higher output.

What fuel did you use?

Not really all dynos are different. It doesn't really matter at this point as its just a baseline number. Apparently there is a secret dyno mode that we need to unlock to get more power from what Pogea racing has been rudely comment on our video lol. Used 93 Octane.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nice to see the splitter deploy. Does it return under 70? or less? Assuming it would stay down til the car goes under 50..
The splitter nominally stays open at vehicle speeds between 100 and 230 km/h. There is a ~15 km/h hysteresis programmed into the system to avoid repeated splitter actuation if the car's speed is hovering around the actuation thresholds.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
The splitter nominally stays open at vehicle speeds between 100 and 230 km/h. There is a ~15 km/h hysteresis programmed into the system to avoid repeated splitter actuation if the car's speed is hovering around the actuation thresholds.
Cool thanks MG. :)

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Used 93 Octane.
For the uninitiated, what kanundrum is referring to as 93 octane is the AKI number as used in the USA. Fuel with an AKI of 93 has a RON of about 98.

The RON is what is printed on pumps in most of the world outside of the USA and Canada.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts