Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse if this has already been discussed but my auto wipers work fine, but when i turn the car off, come back next day even though its on auto i need to flick it off then on auto again to get working... is this normal behaviour?

·
Registered
41,897 Posts
It is for colder climates, to stop the wipers trying to activate automatically when they are frozen to the screen. That causes the blades to get ripped or the motor to get damaged.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Drivers are commonly warned about it.
There is a second reason. If using a car wash you wouldn't want the wipers to conflict with the brushes if you are slow to turn the engine off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drivers are commonly warned about it.
There is a second reason. If using a car wash you wouldn't want the wipers to conflict with the brushes if you are slow to turn the engine off.
Sounds legit. My LS430 didn’t work like that but who knows. Thanks for the info tho. Coming from the LS and a 4c this is a perfect blend of both amazingly

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
There is mention in the handbook. Top of the righthand column As others have said a quick upward push is all it need to reset
Font Parallel Rectangle Triangle Symmetry

·
Registered
551 Posts
My experience of auto wipers recently isn't great. Work vans. Toyota (Peugeot in disguise) had a mind of it's own, a single drop of rain on the screen and it'd go into max speed and not switch off for several minutes. Current Ford Transhit, it just doesn't do **** all unless there's a monsoon.

Best auto wipers system I had was on the RenaultSport Mégane, it worked just as it should.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I have not had a problem with the Giulietta once I got the sensitivity sorted in the menu to suit my preference

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
The Giulietta ones are far superior to the 159 auto wipers. You could never get those just how you wanted them.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I used to have an F reg Renault 19 that used to clear the rear window if you had your wipers on and put it into reverse. Always thought that was a good feature.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts