Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an auto button on my rear view mirror, which when you press it, lights up. Can't find any reference to it in the manual. Anyone know what its for?

·
Registered
57 Posts
erm it looks like a button. It lives on the bottom of the mirror and there is a green light next to the word 'auto' on the front of the plastic surround.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers all. I've got privacy glass too, so I doubt I'll see anything out the back when I turn the mirror on :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
One of the few 'auto' gadgets that's worth it, IMO. Works better than the manual equivalent, unlike the wipers and lights!

N

·
0 Posts
One of the few 'auto' gadgets that's worth it, IMO. Works better than the manual equivalent, unlike the wipers and lights!
Disagree. Yet another reason to take a lower spec model.
(Same as wipers and lights.) What wrong with flipping the mirror
up when there's glare? :confused:

;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cheers all. I've got privacy glass too, so I doubt I'll see anything out the back when I turn the mirror on :)
I questioned this too as I have privacy glass also (ups, blind man reversing!) but yesterday it dimmed beautifully when driver behind felt like sticking on long beams for 2 minutes. So yes, it'll work.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So what's bad about the auto wipers/lights? Come on when you don't need them, don't come on when you need them?
The auto-lights aren't so bad apart from their habit of coming on when you go under bridges etc - which can't be helpful for bulb and relay life. They also don't come on when it is foggy or when there is spray, because it's not actually dark even though you can't see anything and no-one can see you. The auto-wipers are a law unto themselves, yesterday whilst overtaking a truck on the M20 in rain (so spray everywhere) they suddenly decided they didn't need to be on. Then in the lightest drizzle, they decide that maximum speed is what's required... Also if the screen is a little greasy (and so smears) they refuse to turn off at all!

But I do like the rear view mirror dimmer. The flip ones usually give a secondary reflection which means you get a ghostly view of the rear seats in the day, and a ghostly view of the roof panel at night. However, if I had to take all 3 or none, I would choose none because the wipers are useless and the lights unnecessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Auto mirrors, lights, wipers, gearbox.

I like things to be done for me. Although I agree, the wipers aren't great sometimes. I have to prompt them occasionally in light drizzle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts