Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, will need my cambelt changed shortly, cant seem to find anyone local, auto lusso are bout 20 miles away, has anyone used their services?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have heard nothing but praise for their servicing / parts etc

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers jon i will book the car in tomorrow, cant take chances with the belts, to many horror stories on this site concerning belt changes with certain garages, over tightening and snapping of new belts!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have never used them before but when my belts need doing i will be travelling from lancashire to autolusso, i've heard to many good reports about there servicing. Its worth it to have peace of mind! Give us a report back when you have been fella:)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I travel to autolusso from Dartford, nuf said. Top notch service.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here we go again.........................:lol: :rolleyes:
I will only ever pass comment when I have first hand experience of something. When it comes to autolusso this is the case, where they have been extremely helpful and saved me a lot of money. Ned even drove down and collected my car when the wheel bearing failed as I wasn't keen on driving it in that state.

·
Registered
170 Posts
had my belts done there last month, along with the variator and plugs, she now flies!! oh and my round trip there is over 120 miles, well worth it tho!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just spoke to em, really polite guy, jus waitin for a phone call for the booking time.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have only owned the car for 3 months, will a variator change make the car run better? mine seems like it is struggling a bit.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have only owned the car for 3 months, will a variator change make the car run better? mine seems like it is struggling a bit.
I don't have experience first hand of the 16v TS, but I think it is worth getting the variator done at the same time. If it is worn it will affect performance, and can make it sound diesel like. Would be cheaper to get it done along with the belt in the long run.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i dont think it really effects the performance, but it will drive you nuts if it goes, mine was sounding like a diesel the whole time i was under 3k rpm, which driving round london is a right pain, and for the sake of £80 odd quid and 3 years its worth having it done, even if its hasnt gone yet, you dont want it to go 6 months after having the belts done and then having to live with it for another 2.5 years as the belts have to come off to change it. the plugs as well as that could be one reason its running a bit slow. will be a different car with it all done tho!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
plugs were done in november by the previous owner, it is sounding like a diesel, even when its warmed up you can here it over the sound of the engine, jus waitin for ned to ring me back this afternoon with a price for belts and variator.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yea that sounds like the variator... a right pain aint it lol
makes such a difference to the car tho once its changed!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
depending on the milage too it might be worth doing the waterpump at the same time. Again I would ask them for advice. My mechanic recomended I do this on mine at 40K milage but mines a V6 not sure if waterpump is different.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the water pump on my year of ts had the upgraded pump fitted, the first phase were fitted with nylon impelars on the water pump, my year had the metal ones fitted, and again it was changed anyway, i found some old receipts for the car, jungleman u r right, when i first start it up it ticks for about a min then just goes into diesel mode,does my nugget in.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just spoke to ned, booked in for thursday 8am and i also get a courtesy car, ned doesnt think its the variator, it might be sticking tappets.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts